Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Sr. Manager, Enterprise Integration
Job Description Summary:
The Sr. Manager Enterprise Integration is responsible to build and manage enterprise data hub to share the data among multiple systems and Identify silos and bring such data into the main stream and create a strategy for such silo systems. The Manager should also have Data Architect knowledge and able to leading the definition and roadmap for the college’s BI Strategy that includes data warehousing, analytical reporting, operational reporting, ETL, data governance, and master data management.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, and disciplines personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws.
2) Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised. Defines and designs the data warehousing solution and ETL/ELT processes.
3) Works closely with the business to understand the data and provide meaningful analytics to users/customers.
4) Manages Informatica IICS and data projects, performs strategic analysis of data best practices, design databases and data profiling.
5) Supervises the ETL and Informatica Developers.
6) Prioritizes and delegates requests received by the product owner and scrum manager.
7) Communicates with the multiple teams for the data requirement.
8) Analyzes data and develop data architecture.
9) In coordination with Quality Control team, ensures accuracy of standards and procedural documentation related to data.
10) Participates in the definition, implementation, and support of the overall integration strategy.
11) Participates in the selection, design, and implementation of the data hub, the data warehouse, operational data layers, and ETL.
12) Participates in meeting with customers, gathering requirements, and working with developers to provide solutions to end users.
13) Provides technical leadership to other members of the Business Intelligence Team.
14) Participates in BI product evaluations and business decisions to ensure fit and scale into the platform and the organization.
15) Participates in an energetic team of experienced people in an agile environment.
16) Creates high level and detailed design of current and future state of BI System.
17) Creates architecture diagrams and models of Data, Data Warehouse, and Integration and mapping documents with high level design.
- Familiar with data technology design, implementation, or consulting in one or more of the following areas:
- Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Business Intelligence Reporting & Analytics Tools
- Cloud Platforms
- Data Lake and Big Data
- Artificial Intelligence
- Familiar working with enterprise architecture or solution architecture frameworks, methodologies, templates, and tools.
- Extensive knowledge in good data modeling techniques.
- Competent in MS SQL Server, Oracle SQL, stored procedures, and other SQL. Unidata experience a plus.
- Knowledge of best practice for Data Quality Management, Master Data Management and near real time data warehousing.
- Experience with ETL/ELT tools such as Informatica IICS Suite.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- Ability to take complex concepts and create models for discussion, evaluation, and collaboration.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to explain technology concepts to business leaders, as well as business concepts to technologists, and the ability to sell ideas and processes internally at all levels.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated, committed and detail oriented.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions precisely.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Experience in strategic technology planning and execution, as well as policy development and maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills in SQL (structured Query language).
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use query and control languages, administer applications, and provide technical support to end users.
- Skills in modelling tools such as ERWIN, Embarcadero, Visio, and LucidChart.
Required Work Experience
- Three years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with modern databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or DB2.
- Experience in modern analytics platforms such as Tableau, SAS, Domo, Microsoft Power BI.
- Hands on experience with ETL using leading ETL vendor software such as Informatica clode(IICS) Suite, Datastage, Micrsoft SSIS.
- Hands on experience with SQL and ETL Tuning.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel in the Austin area as required.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Supervise safe operation of unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
Salary Range $79,182 – $113,117
Reports to Associate Vice Chancellor, Solutions Delivery & BI
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
March 23, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.