Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
TEMPORARY Senior Human Resources Technician (Confidential)
State Center Community College District
TEMPORARY Senior Human Resources Technician (Confidential)
Salary: $33.29 - $40.94 Hourly
Location: SCCCD District Office - Fresno, CA
Job Type: Temporary
Division: DO Human Resources
Job Number: 202300664-T
Under general supervision, leads and performs responsible and complex technical and administrative duties in support of the District's Human Resources department and its programs; conducts recruitment and selection activities, employee records maintenance and personnel transaction processing focused on either classified or academic employees; conducts research on and participates in the collective bargaining process; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
- Provides input in selecting, training and providing day-to-day lead work guidance and direction to other staff; assigns, schedules and monitors work for completeness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; monitors workflow to ensure that mandated deadlines are being met in an optimal manner; provides information, instruction and training on work processes and technical, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provides input to supervisor on employee work performance and behavior.
- Interprets, explains and applies human resources department services, Board policies, Personnel Commission rules, collective bargaining agreements and federal/state laws and regulations; develops recommendations to improve department processes and procedures; may draft revised administrative regulations for executive approval.
- Leads, coordinates and performs a variety of technical human resources duties involving the new-hire process and personnel transaction processing; provides guidance and information to managers, employees and the public on the District's recruitment process; prepares and tracks employment contracts for academic managers and faculty.
- Participates in the District's collective bargaining process by researching and collecting data/information, making recommendations on District proposals and providing input to contract language; maintains official records of bargaining sessions.
- Provides guidance and interpretation on existing collective bargaining agreements for either academic employees or classified and POA employees.
- Assists with and participates in the recruitment and employment process for academic staff, both full- and part-time; reviews and verifies academic recruitment requisitions in the District's applicant tracking system; ensures Board approval for position recruitment; writes job announcements and oversees advertising placement and expenditures; oversees HR screening of applicant materials and qualifications; assists administrators and selection advisory committees throughout the selection process; participates in job fairs.
- Assists Vice Chancellor with the search process for filling executive positions; interacts with search consultants when directed; works with Public Information office to prepare promotional/advertising materials for the search.
- Processes, tracks and maintains records for leaves of absence for employees; advises management and staff on employee leave rights under FMLA, CFRA, PDL and other state and federal statutes.
- Oversees the District's position control; provides quality control of position numbers and data entered into HRIS; verifies and authenticates the data input from multiple campuses and ensures compliance with District procedures.
- Provides the payroll department with a variety of position information and status changes necessary to process employees' pay; ensures all personnel transactions are processed accurately and timely; may calculate and create new annual employment contracts for academic administrators and full-time faculty.
- Oversees the employee performance evaluation process on behalf of managers and administrators; ensures employees and supervisors are notified of upcoming evaluations; monitors process for completion and ensures maintenance of evaluation files.
- Creates, maintains and updates specialized and custom forms, databases, logs, files, records and reports; designs, develops and maintains spreadsheets and databases requiring data interpretation and manipulation.
- Prepares and conducts staff training sessions and other presentations to a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
- Assists with updating the Human Resources website.
- Performs special project assignments; prepares reports and makes presentations.
- Participates in District-wide committees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Board policies, District human resources policies, rules, administrative regulations, procedures and practices related to the administration of recruitment, selection, hiring and other human resources management activities.
- The California Education Code and other applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations.
- Principles, concepts and techniques used in customer service, public relations and community outreach.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment including computers and applicable software programs.
- The District's HRIS system, practices and procedures for processing applicant information and personnel transactions.
- Operations, services and activities of a community college district.
- The District's collective bargaining process and labor contract provisions.
- Principles and practices of sound business communication; correct English usage, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
Skills and Abilities to:
- Coordinate and participate in the recruitment and selection process for either academic employees or classified employees and student workers.
- Represent the District and department effectively with other departments, applicants and screening/ interview committees.
- Understand, interpret and explain the application of policies, procedures and plan provisions pertaining to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, records and bargaining positions.
- Monitor, calculate and report salary placement and advancement factors.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete files and records.
- Perform specialized data entry rapidly and with a high degree of accuracy.
- Compose clear, concise and comprehensive analyses, correspondence, reports, studies, agreements, presentations and other written materials from brief instructions.
- Establish priorities and work effectively and independently with many demands on time.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt effective courses of action.
- Track statistical information utilizing complex spreadsheets and databases.
- Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Prepare and present periodic training sessions as directed.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Operate a computer and use standard business software.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, completion of twelve college units in human resources management, and three years of directly related work experience in human resources recruitment/ selection, wage and salary administration, collective bargaining team support and complex HR records management; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms. Employees are frequently required to walk and stand; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve problems; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or skills; perform highly detailed work; work on multiple, concurrent tasks; work with frequent interruptions; work under intensive deadlines; and interact with District managers, staff, the public and others encountered in the course of work.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
Only the most qualified applicants will be invited to interview for the assignment.
To apply, visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd/jobs/4204745/temporary-senior-human-resources-technician-confidential
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |