Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Aquatics Coach and Physical Education Full-Time Instructor
West Valley-Mission Community College District
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and
- Employer paid long term disability for employee.
- Voluntary life insurance.
- Sabbatical, Rejuvenation and Retraining Leaves.
- Banked leave provisions.
- Professional Growth and Development activities.
- 10 days sick leave accrued annually; personal necessity and catastrophic leave.
- Conference leaves.
- Opportunity for overload assignments.
- Cal STRS Retirement.
- Position is union affiliated with required dues.
1. Education Possess one of the following:
- Masters degree in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology; physiology of exercise, or adaptive physical education; OR
- Bachelors degree in any of the above AND masters degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration, or physical therapy; OR
- A valid California Community College Instructors Credential in physical education; OR
- The equivalent of the above.
2. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation, in class activities, evaluation of students work, consultation with students outside of class (scheduling time beyond normal office hours if necessary), maintenance of currency in the subjects taught and other efforts related to the teaching of the assigned classes.
- Maintain accurate class and other records conforming with state requirements and stated district and college needs.
- Submit, when due, all necessary reports, such as attendance, grade reports, rosters, classes and office hour schedules.
- Follow course outline for each course with the appropriate division offices.
- Post and maintain office hours each week in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus as per instructions in the Faculty handbook at the beginning of the course.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice, and/or bias.
- Demonstrate positive communication skills within the college community.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |