Plans, develops, and manages student services and partnerships to maintain and enhance military and related contract education programs and services. Develops and implements action plans to reach new students and increase awareness of services, and maximize the number of students served.
Distinguishing Career Features
The Manager, Student Services and Partnerships is a first-line management position that provides leadership and administrative responsibilities for a wide variety of ancillary and specialized student support services and activities for the military and business communities. The Manager, Student Services and Partnerships provides oversight for the development of new programs and partnerships to maximize program and students' success, but also to offer continuous awareness about the programs and services for expansion and student growth.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties may vary among departments and jobs. Incumbents typically perform a substantial portion or all of the following kinds of duties:
* Develops supporting programs and strategies for enhancing student retention and expansion, exposure to additional services, and systems for contractor and student feedback and satisfaction.
* Collaborates with college articulation officers and military counselors to develop articulation agreements to provide military graduates with additional opportunities and choices in the pursuit of their higher education goals.
* Establishes and manages best practices, policies and accountabilities outlined in service contracts, Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), and other partnership agreements; ensures compliance with college and outside organizations/agencies governing higher education.
* Oversee the development and implementation of partnership agreements with higher education institutions, government agencies, and the U.S. Military Services.
* Initiates and establishes systematic processes to engage faculty, department chairs, and academic deans in recommending development and delivery of new degree and certificate programs and practices to meet student and client needs.
* Collaborates with the college's student services administrators, counselors, and staff to develop, expand, integrate and focus support services to meet student and client needs related to contractual and program needs to increase student retention.
* Manages and evaluates the department's day-to-day operations to continually enhance the safety and security of student and government required records.
* Assists with and creates proposals for new business contracts, grants and other funding opportunities.
* Develops, recommends, and oversees approved budgets for assigned programs.
* Prepares statistical, analytical and project reports; provides and presents information regarding programs, student services, course assessment, and the military programs' academic and fiscal performance to a diverse audience, as needed.
* Oversees and provides direction for the design, development, implementation and delivery of support services that meet student and client needs, primarily for the military workforce community.
* Works with Division leadership to coordinate and implement comprehensive student outreach and communication plans for student recruitment, retention, persistence, and success.
* Organize and oversee student support services including, but not limited to: graduation, degree evaluation, advisement, transcript evaluations, etc.
* Establishes standards for staff, selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of all home campus student support services staff in all assigned departments of oversight.
* Performs other duties as assigned that support the overall objective of the position.