Digital Signage Specialist (Reg FT)
Digital Signage Specialist (Reg FT)
Information Technology Svcs
: Office of College Services
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than October 29, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Admin 13 - $46,989
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Responsible for helping to implement and manage college wide outdoor and indoor digital signage systems, developing and publishing content on an ongoing basis. Responsible for creating and updating static and motion graphic digital signage templates with new information. Create high-impact visuals for on campus audiences, and provide basic writing, editing support.
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Digital Design, Communications, Marketing, Journalism or related field. Minimum three years experience in the following areas: digital content creation, digital photography, 2-D and 3-D graphics, animated media, interactive media, color theory, digital communications, graphic design, and digital art and design. Proven results in developing and implementing digital communications and designing of content. Understanding of the digital media role within integrated communications. Should possess strong design sensibilities and technical skills; intermediate skills in Microsoft PowerPoint and the Adobe Creative Suite. Technical skills for implementation and troubleshooting digital signage installations and issues.
Exhibits a strong design understanding, and the ability to think conceptually and take concepts from development phase to execution. Exceptional organization and time management skills. Attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines while working in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment. Team player with a positive, professional attitude and customer focused mindset. The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker and knowledgeable and comfortable using a variety of multi-channel communications tools.
1. Generates high quality, engaging digital content that drives conversations through the creation of targeted, multi-media content from concept to execution for all platforms and audiences not limited to digital images, video, streaming media, information, animation, and integrations from other CCAC systems. Applies strong design sensibilities and technical skills to create new signage templates.
2. Schedules and manages content for college-wide distribution using centralized digital signage solution. This includes executing the editorial calendar, publication and expiration dates for signage in multiple locations.
3. Creates, manages, organizes and coordinates a content production calendar, increasing digital engagement that follows the college's academic calendar and college wide events.
4. Performs quality and brand standard checks on all content and keeps content timely and consistent.
5. Administers the digital signage platform; establishes guidelines and protocols for centralized content management.
6. Collaborates with all CCAC users to determine the best approach to create communication solutions.
7. Develops and maintains partnership with marketing personnel to ensure content is consistent with college standards and brands.
8. Collaborates with other ITS teams on display deployments at all campus locations and assists with new signage installations.
9. Troubleshoots and diagnoses system issues including video wall, display, and kiosk issues at any campus location.
10. Presents for college wide one campus events where signage is utilized to support these events.
11. Develops partnerships with external customers to incorporate digital advertising.
12. Provides communication, grammar, editing and marketing support as needed.
13. Demonstrates teamwork to help promote a one college culture.
14. Responsible for ensuring all digital signage content is free of copyright violations.
15. Maintains a library of content for digital signage system, including creation and management of reusable templates.
16. Provides thorough testing and quality assurance of digital signage to ensure appearance, legibility and functionality of the content and displays.
17. Participates in professional development activities for professional growth and skill sets.
18. Participates in developing, implementing and maintaining an efficient workflow in a fast-paced content operation.
19. Conforms to all CCAC digital signage policies, processes, and procedures.
20. Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=938