Part-time Humanities Instructor
Foothill - De Anza is a multi-campus community college District located in the heart of Silicon Valley and serves communities of Cupertino, Los Altos, Los Altos Hills, Mountain View, Palo Alto, Sunnyvale and portions of San Jose.
Foothill College, which is located in Los Altos Hills, CA, values honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness and sustainability. Believing a well-educated population is essential to sustaining and enhancing a democratic society, Foothill College offers programs and services that empower students to achieve their goals as members of the workforce, as future students, and as global citizens. We work to obtain equity in achievement of student outcomes for all California student populations, and are guided by our core values of honesty, integrity, trust, openness, transparency, forgiveness, and sustainability. Foothill College offers associate degrees and certificates in multiple disciplines, and a baccalaureate degree in dental hygiene.
De Anza College, which is located in Cupertino, CA, values and is committed to integrity, innovation, equity, developing the human capacity of all students' institutional core competencies and civic engagement for social justice. De Anza College provides an academically rich, multicultural learning environment that challenges students of every background to develop their intellect, character and abilities; to realize their goals; and to be socially responsible leaders in their communities, the nation and the world. De Anza College fulfills its mission by engaging students in creative work that demonstrates the knowledge, skills and attitudes contained within the college's Institutional Core Competencies:
- Communication and expression
- Information literacy
- Physical/mental wellness and personal responsibility
- Civic capacity for global, cultural, social and environmental awareness
- Critical thinking
Foothill - De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applications for the position of Part-time Humanities Instructor. Assignments may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives and will be filled on an as-needed basis. This is on-going recruitment, until otherwise noted and applications will remain on file for two (2) years from date received or last submitted.
1. Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
2. Master's in Humanities OR the equivalent.
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
1. Canvas Certification
2. Experience in on-line Teaching
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position is specific to teaching on-line courses.
- Essential functions include the following:
o Keeping regular and effective contact with students
o Faculty presence in delivery of content
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; andtimelysubmission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate inthe assessmentof their performance, including administrativeand student evaluations. Part-time faculty mayalsohaveopportunities to participate invariouscampusand staff development activitiesand are encouraged to beinvolved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional assignments and participate in professional development events.
- Experience teaching on-line Humanities courses
1. Indoor, office environment.
(Applicants should perform these physical abilities with or without reasonable accommodations)
1. Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
2. Vision sufficient to read various materials.
3. Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
4. Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
5. Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
6. Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
7. Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
To apply for this position, submit your application materials (listed below) to Falk Cammins at CamminsFalk@fhda.edu
1. A cover letter detailing your qualifications, skills, and abilities as they relate to the position.
2. A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience. For the part-time faculty salary schedule, go to: http://fafhda.org/agreement-2016-19/appendix/Appendix%20C.pdf
Foothill De Anza Community College District offers a variety of voluntary fringe benefits for qualified part-time faculty, including medical, dental and vision insurance.
Foothill De Anza Community College District is available to assist persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process. Please contact Employment Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
Unfortunately, the Foothill-De Anza Community College District is not able to reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about Foothill-De Anza Community College District, visit: http://www.fhda.edu