Part-Time Health Occupations Nursing Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA, as well as local area clinical agencies.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $27,790-$39,006 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education & experience - Possess either:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, which shall include courses in nursing, or in natural, behavioral or social sciences relevant to nursing practice; AND direct patient care experience within the previous five (5) years in the nursing area to which he or she will be assigned, which can be met by:
- One (1) years continuous, full-time or its equivalent experience providing direct patient care as a registered nurse in the designated nursing area; OR
- One (1) academic year of registered nurse level clinical teaching experience in the designated nursing area or its equivalent that demonstrates clinical competency.
- Any associates degree AND six (6) years of relevant, professional healthcare experience;
AND 2. A clear and active license issued by either the Board of Registered Nursing OR the Board of Vocational Nursing; AND 3. Understanding of, and sensitivity to the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
* Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
* Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
* Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
* Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
* Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
* Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
* Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
* Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
* Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members area of expertise.
* Work cooperatively within the college community.
* Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
* Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
* Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741-2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.