Building Management and Maintenance
FFECC Teaching PT
Posting Closing Date:
December 31, 2019
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS:
Adjunct faculty teach department courses on a part-time basis and evaluate student performance pursuant to guidelines set by the department and the College. Adjunct faculty report to the Department Chair for their discipline. Adjunct faculty are responsible for preparing lesson plans, teaching aids, and instructional materials or activities for class. Adjunct faculty must maintain accurate records on students and submit pertinent data to the department and/or the College.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES:
- Demonstrates appropriate knowledge of subject;
- Provides students with appropriate learning materials and expertise in assigned subject(s);
- Prepares course syllabi and outcomes;
- Encourages student participation;
- Evaluates students’ performance based on course learning outcomes;
- Establishes and maintains an organized and disciplined classroom environment;
- Is responsive to students and provides students with assistance and guidance;
- Responsible for contributing to and maintaining an inclusive and collaborative College environment;
- Adheres to all College, Department as well as applicable County policies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity towards promoting an inclusive and diverse learning environment. Good knowledge of field of specialization; knowledge of or experience in implementing a variety of teaching strategies; awareness of the value of technology as a tool for teaching; experience with computerized student record management; ability to develop educational programs; ability to teach effectively at the college level; initiative and resourcefulness; industrious and dependability; ability to get along well with others; effective communication skills; experience teaching a diverse student body; physically capable of performing the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Technology, Environmental Science, Industrial Technology, Construction Technology or Vocational Technology. Master’s degree preferred.
Associate’s Degree in Mechanical Technology, Environmental Science, Industrial Technology, Construction Technology or Vocational Technology and journeyman status within work field. Alternatively, other related disciplines as determined by committee.
Please attach unofficial transcripts with your application. Official transcripts will be required for successful candidates within 30 days of hire.
Our mission to offer quality education includes exposing our students to a diverse range of cultures, experiences and expertise. At Erie Community College, we value diversity and encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply.
Contact Human Resources at (716) 270-1840 with any questions.