Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Assistant, Nursing Clinical Faculty (Temporary)
Job Description Summary:
Assists with clinical nursing lab instruction and services.
*Description of Duties and Tasks *
- Assists in the supervision of student clinical instruction under direct supervision of qualified faculty members.
- Supervises assigned students during all aspects of medication administration.
- Determines student’s knowledge of medication action, recommended dosage and routes of administration, side effects, nursing implications, drug interactions, etc. prior to medication administration.
- Ensures safe medication administration following program objectives and guidelines.
- Ensures proper documentation and evaluation of patient response to medications received according to agency policy.
- Assists with the supervision of assigned students during approved skill performance/treatment.
- Ensures proper documentation of patient responses to treatment.
- Provides feedback regarding student performance to the supervising faculty member.
- Participates in student conferences with the qualified faculty member as needed to improve student performance.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Maintains professional communication at all times. Professional communication includes, but is not limited to, appropriate texting/emailing only while on the clinical unit and no picture taking in the clinical setting.
- Submits all required documents required by ACC and the clinical agencies prior to participating in student experiences.
- Submits all time electronically and within the required timeframe according to ACC policy/procedure. Failure to submit timesheets incompliance with college policy may result in employment being discontinued.
- Uniform dress code: Wear Teal Scrubs and a white lab coat while working in the clinical area in compliance with the established school dress code policy
the Healthcare Workforce Alliance of Central Texas (HWACT
). You are required to wear your ACC
ID badge while working at all times.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
April 6, 2022
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.