Theatre Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Hourly rate may vary based on type of assignment and the Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula. For more information, refer to the CCA collective bargaining agreement or your college HR office.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave Only.
This position is eligible for employee paid health benefits.
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff part-time adjunct positions for the 2018-2019 academic year.
The sucessfull applicants may be asked to teach courses in Acting, Stagecraft, Costuming, or Introduction to Theatre. This assignment may include teaching day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies. Other duties include; participation in student recruitment and articulation of transfer programs for the Performing Arts department; maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and mutlitmedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Masters in drama/theatre arts/performance; OR
- Bachelors in any of the above AND Masters in comparative literature, English, speech, literature, or humanities;
The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service. Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
The District does not provide sponsorship for authorization to work in the United States. Work authorization should be established at the time of application submission.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10767
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.