Irvine Valley College is looking for a Part-Time Mathematics Instructor to teach all levels of Math from Trigonometry through Calculus 2 as well as Statistics. Assignments offered can be online and/or in-person courses.
For this position, employees must have at least one of the following minimum qualifications:
1. Master's degree or higher in mathematics or applied mathematics from an accredited college or university; OR
2. Bachelor's degree in either of the above AND a Master's degree or higher in statistics, physics, or mathematics education from an accredited college or university; OR
3. Valid California Community College instructor credential appropriate to the subject per Education Code 87355 (issued prior to July 1, 1990); OR
4. A combination of education and experience that is at least the equivalent of items 1 or 2 above.
- working with students in STEM pathways co-requisite mathematics courses
- demonstrated commitment to student success
Please attach all academic transcripts (with degrees conferred) that reflect how you meet one of the above minimum qualifications.
If you are applying based on #4 above - please choose "I do not meet minimum qualifications" on the next step, complete and attach the equivalency form. (This is a requirement in addition to your transcripts)
If your degree is from a non-US institution, you will need to attach a Foreign Degree Evaluation that was completed by a 3rd party. Please visit www.naces.org/members for a list of companies that can complete this service for you.
2. Academic transcripts
SPECIAL COVID-19 NOTICE:
Interviews may be held in-person (following all necessary precautions) or in a virtual format. Employees must reside in California while employed with the South Orange County Community College District (SOCCCD), even during remote work. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the SOCCCD.
The SOCCCD is committed to protecting the health and wellbeing of students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the communities it serves. More information can be found on our District website by visiting https://www.socccd.edu/communications/covid-19-information.
NOTICE TO ALL CANDIDATES FOR EMPLOYMENT:
The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, Public Law 99-603, requires that employers obtain documentation from every new employee which authorizes that individual to accept employment in this country. SOCCCD will not sponsor any visa applications.