Coastline College is seeking a full-time tenure-track instructor with the right combination of educational background and practitioner experience in the fields of Health Sciences and Food and Nutrition to teach and develop educational programs for transfer and careers in these fields. This professional opportunity also includes curriculum and program development, participation in department, division, college committees, and participatory governance activities culminating in leadership roles both within the department and in the institution as a whole; collaboration across disciplines, utilization of student support resources, and participation in ongoing professional development and outreach for these disciplines.
The assignment may be day, evening, weekend, online, hybrid, telecourse, or off campus and is subject to change as needed. As a College, we encourage innovative teaching, especially within the online environment, as well as student and faculty engagement outside the classroom. The ideal candidate for this position embraces the equitable campus climate of student engagement and academic inquiry, as represented by the mission of Coastline College and the Coast Community College District.
Performance Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Teach Health Sciences and Food and Nutrition classes as scheduled.
* Coordinate and supervise students for necessary field experience hours.
* Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member, including but not limited to the following: follow department course outlines; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, progress on learning outcomes; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in department, college and/or district wide activities, meetings and committees as assigned.
* Participate in department curriculum development (including the development of new courses and programs, as well as course revisions/updates). Work with other instructors, advisory committee/business community and college articulation officer as necessary to ensure relevant programs and proper course/program articulation.
* Assist with the scheduling, budgeting, equipment/supply purchasing, faculty concerns and communications, and textbook selection/acquisition for your disciplines.
* Recruit, mentor and evaluate part-time faculty members within the department under direction of the Chair and/or Dean as indicated by current policies and procedures.
* Assist with professional development including, but not limited to: orienting new faculty members, providing resource materials related to improving instruction and strengthening both teaching strategies and technology skills.
* Meet on a variety of days and times for classroom visits, site visits, faculty mentoring, advisory boards and committee work.
* With the Chair, oversee and maintain institutional, program, and course Student Learning Outcomes (SLO) and assessment processes. Guide faculty in identifying expected SLOs and in implementing plans to ensure regular assessment and effective analysis and use of SLO results; guide development of appropriate assessment and scoring tools; assist in analysis, follow up and tracking of outcomes.
* Gather data necessary to conduct ongoing program evaluation and program review. This would include conducting five-year reviews and ensuring follow-up on goals and recommendations on an annual basis.
* Maintain current knowledge of professional disciplines and educational methodologies, including multiple course delivery methods, through continuing professional development.
* Communicate with colleagues within Coastline, at four-year institutions, and other community colleges; maintain contacts within state and national professional associations, businesses and continuing education providers. Act as a college liaison for the Health Sciences and Food and Nutrition disciplines with the community at large.
* Assist with state required documentation and reporting.
* Assist with program outreach, including publicity, community relations, advisory committee membership and meetings, external funding, transfer agreements and opportunities, and college and district events.
* Develop instructional innovations to ensure program success.
* Monitor and analyze enrollment trends and make recommendations regarding increased/expanded/redesigned offerings in light of enrollment trends and budget factors.