Information Center Representative (Reg FT)
Information Center Representative (Reg FT)
: Allegheny Campus
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
REPOSTING. Tuesday - Thursday 10:00 am - 6:00 pm. Friday and Saturday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
SEIU D - $17.86
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Provide prompt, friendly, and accurate service to individuals who call, email and/or chat into CCAC's contact center for various programs/services.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED plus two years of relevant experience gained from working in an office environment and/or call center.
Should be able to tactfully and courteously answer questions and provide information. Knowledge as related to the specific needs of the department to perform responsibilities. Requires the ability to multi task, work well with others, and customer service mentality (both internal and external). Ability to travel to perform work duties at any campus or center location within the CCAC system. Must be able to operate various office equipment, including a personal computer, and appropriate College software packages or equivalent. Should possess good organizational, customer service, communication, interpersonal and clerical skills. Detail oriented, ability to multi-task meet deadlines and be a team player. Required to have regular and timely attendance. Bi-lingual (Spanish speaking) preferred.
Works in a general office environment. Must be able to work in a general office environment with the ability to sit for at least 2 hours without interruption.
1. Answer inbound calls, chats, and emails and provide inquiry resolutions in a timely and professional manner while maintaining a goal of 1st call resolution. Make outbound calls, as appropriate.
2. Provide accurate and up-to-date responses to all inquiries; utilize the tools and resources available to stay knowledgeable.
3. Educate callers on matters associated with the operations and services of the College utilizing guides; provide customer service with some depth of multi-departmental understanding.
4. Accurately document call information in the database to include the issue, action and resolution.
5. Identify the need for escalation when the inquiry cannot be solved on 1st contact and/or requires a higher level of research.
6. Provide customers with a positive experience.
7. Meet Quality Control requirements and other key performance metrics to ensure success in meeting our customers needs, performance metrics, and contributing to a positive relationship between the call center and the customers.
8. Assist leadership with delegated tasks and tickets.
9. Perform other duties for specific/unique needs of the department.
10. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1021