you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account http://www.myworkday.com/austincc/d/task/3005$4482.htmld
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To direct, plan, implement, and evaluate the annual financial reporting and audit processes including: financial statement compilation and supporting schedules, development of internal controls and procedures.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1. Bill to Pay (B2P) Duties
1)Supervises and monitors the operation and business system flow for invoicing and receiving payment for tuition, fees, course materials, and other miscellaneous revenue streams ensuring the efficiency, effectiveness, and integrity of the College’s services.
2. Manages the administration of disbursements, collections, and receipt of college funds, and coordinates the payment logistics for the registration process.
3. Implements the cash management programs as set out in Board policy; records investment entries to the general ledger (as applicable); updates computer schedules; reconciles accounts; processes and/or reviews invoices for payment.
4.Directs and manages the accounting for the revenues of the College, which include property taxes as levied by the Board of Trustees, tuition and fees, interest, state appropriations, and other sources of revenue.
5.Possesses key competencies, including conflict management, negotiation, organization and decision-making
6. Prepares, reviews, and distributes daily cash balances report and other reports for internal and external use.
7. Prepares the TPEG set aside calculation each semester and makes appropriate recording entries.
8.Assists students with special payment problems. Reviews uncollectible accounts and records as bad debt.
9.Processes all commerce transactions, manages merchant services, data security awareness, Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) compliance, and working capital.
10. Liaises with banking partners, eCommerce, merchant service, and point of sale vendors to maintain successful working relationships.
2. Record to Report (R2R) Duties
Directs and reviews financial reporting processes; prepares annual financial reports (e.g. balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements, ad hoc reports, and other financial statements) for audit and public distribution.
1. Analyzes and reports the results of operations for incorporation into the audited Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR).
2. Responsible for the month and year-end accruals for cash management; fixed assets; construction and building property accounting; and the management of the College’s grant accounts.
3. Directs annual external audit activities and works closely with the internal and external auditors about all audit matters.
4. Records bond issue transactions, ensures compliance with the bond indenture and reports the annual bond statistics to external governing bodies.
5. Implements and maintains a system for accurate tracking, reporting, controlling, and safeguarding of the Austin Community College (ACC) District’s capital fixed assets.
3. General Accounting/Operational Duties
1. Responsible for all general ledger account reconciliations.
2.Prepares or reviews ,and approves standard and ad hoc journal entries by staff.
3. Develops and recommends policies, procedures, and guidelines for recording financial information and improving accounting processes that comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
4. Coordinates with staff and other departments regarding efficient, accurate processing of data and resolution of problems.
5. Reviews general ledger accounts for accuracy to facilitate year-end audit activities; prepares audit schedules at fiscal year-end.
6. Develops and administers the systems of financial accounting and reporting to ensure accurate recording and reporting of the College’s transactions.
7. Manages the accounting staff and oversees the accounting functions. Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and disciplines assigned personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
8. Prepares and promptly submits reports based on statistical and financial information as required by federal and state agencies, business partners, and other stakeholders.
9. Researches tax issues and supports departments by responding to tax-related questions, processing tax payments, communicating current guidelines, and preparing reports.
10. Creates and maintains process flow documentation and procedures for areas of responsibility.
11. Assists in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
12. Recommends benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance (e.g. Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and metrics).
13. Collaborates with Information Technology (IT) Project Management Office (PMO) and other IT staff to identify and recommend improvements to ensure the integrity of the accounting system.
14. Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data.
15. Prepares custom reports by studying variances; preparing and reviewing budgets; and developing forecasts.
16. Complies with state and federal requirements by studying regulations, adhering to requirements, and collaborating with leadership on the required actions.
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Government accounting standards as set by the Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB).
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reporting (CAFR) audit processes.
- Federal and state annual reporting requirements.
- Management practices within a complex budgetary environment.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Maintains an established work schedule.
- Possesses impeccable personal integrity and business ethics.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Possesses excellent organizational, analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, planning skills and business acumen with the ability to pay attention to detail and follow-through to make decisions.
- Expertise to operate strategically and on a detailed level.
- Effectively uses interpersonal and (written and verbal) communications skills to communicate with tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively leads the team, manages operations, develops employees to work collaboratively, and delegates (tasks or authority) in a professional manner.
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Coordinates with the Information Technology (IT) staff to ensure the integrity of the accounting system(s).
- Accurately prepares annual financial reports for audit and public distribution.
- Creates and maintains reconciliation procedures and assist with audit issues.
- Interfaces with external governing bodies.
- Coordinates updates to ongoing budgetary and accounting systems.
- Establishes and maintains effective professional working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Advanced proficiency in business applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite and G Suite.
- Use automated financial systems.
Required Work Experience
- Five years of related work experience, including three year of supervisory experience. Education cannot be substituted for supervisory experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- More than five years mid to senior level management experience. Education cannot be substituted for management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, or Business, or CPA license.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel and travel between the College’s campuses.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- This posting is for the Director, Accounting responsible for Record to Report (R2R). See the Record to Report (R2R) duties (#2) and General Accounting/Operational Duties (#3) in the Description of Duties and Tasks in this job posting for an overview of the position currently being filled.
- Supervise the safe operation of the unit. Facilitate safety inspections. Take reasonable and prudent actions to eliminate identified hazards. Ensure employees receive appropriate safety training and foster a workplace safety culture.
Salary Range $88,751 – $126,787
Reports to Vice Chancellor, Business Services
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
March 12, 2022
ACC Benefits Overview
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.