Community College of Allegheny County
Director of Registration and Advisement (Reg FT)Department:
Registration and AdvisementCampus
: Boyce CampusAdditional Information:
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than August 14, 2018. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.Work hours (for hourly positions): Salary Grade:
Admin 15 - min. $56,912Job Category:
Regular Full-TimeJob Slot:
5027Job Open Date:
7/31/2018Job Close Date:
Plans, organizes, implements, administers and evaluates activities related to registration, student records, graduation certification, academic advising and transfer of credits.
Master's degree in management, information systems or related field and a minimum of three years experience. Strong leadership, supervisory and organizational skills. Ability to understand, interpret, implement and enforce policies and procedures. Knowledge of labor relations. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to interact with faculty, staff, students and external constituents. Skills to troubleshoot on behalf of students. Prior registration experience. Experience with Microsoft Office. Ability to convey and implement expectations of good customer service to staff. Ability to exercise staff oversight to ensure new operations plans, policies and procedures are consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the College. Ability to ensure departments are well informed of enrollment related changes.
- Supervises registration, student records and academic advisement operations and staff including interviewing, hiring, training, evaluating and providing professional development.
- Investigates and resolves registration problems.
- Evaluates and approves residency appeals and transcript errors.
- Processes, monitors and mails enrollment verification requests.
- Establishes registration dates and deadlines.
- Reviews, evaluates and awards transfer credits from colleges/universities to be posted to student transcripts.
- Interprets, implements and enforces student academic policies.
- Reviews and approves CLEP scores and credit-by-exam results for posting to student transcripts.
- Evaluates and approves academic forgiveness and processes medical withdrawals.
- Supervises the graduation certification process which includes conducting degree audits by evaluating student transcripts, GPA and honors; notifies students of problems or deficiencies.
- Produces the official graduation certification lists.
- Collaborates with various departments; serves on committees as required.
- Provides information to parents, students and outside agencies according to College policy and the Buckley amendment.
- Prepares and monitors the capital and operating budgets for the fiscal year.
- Processes special queries each semester to alert students who have failed courses or not satisfied pre-requisites.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr
, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=279