Close/First Review Date:
AUTOMOTIVE TECHNOLOGY INSTRUCTOR (Electrical/tesla)
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Evergreen Valley College
This faculty position is a full-time, 100% FTE (10 Months) Tenure Track position as Instructor of Automotive Technology (Tesla-Electrical) in the Division of Business and Workforce Development located at Evergreen Valley College.
Assignment may include day and evening responsibilities.
This position is represented by the San Jose/Evergreen Federation of Teachers, AFT 6157.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Expertise in automotive technologies and systems in the areas of, chassis and drivetrain, suspension and alignment, automotive heating and air-conditioning, automotive electronics, and electrical vehicles.
2. Teach courses in assigned discipline by communicating subject matter clearly and effectively.
3. Adapt methodologies for students with special need accommodations and different learning styles.
4. Demonstrate commitment to professional development, including but not limited to activities such as: participation in professional conferences, workshops, seminars, membership in professional organizations, research projects, publishing academic work, participation in statewide committees or organizations, etc.
5. Demonstrate sensitivity in working with students and staff of diverse racial, ethnic, academic and socio economic backgrounds, sexual orientation, and disabilities by showing respect for differences and the dignity of others.
6. Participate in faculty responsibilities such as: course and curriculum development and review, student learning outcomes and assessment, program review, committees, research and special projects as needed in the discipline/department or district.
7. Attend and participate in department, division and college meetings and keep posted office hours.
8. Meet record keeping obligations on time, e.g. grades, census, reports, rosters, textbook orders, and requisitions.
9. Maintain and provide current course syllabi as required by California Education Code and Board policy.
10. Foster a professional work and learning environment.
11. Perform other duties as required by the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Any Bachelors degree or higher and two years of professional experience related to the discipline
Any Associates degree and six years of professional experience related to the discipline
2. Possess current Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification of G1 and A6, and any one of: A1, A2, A3, A4, A5, A7, A8, and L1 or F3
Possess a current Automotive Technology Master level technician from an automotive manufacturer
1. One or more years of industry experience related to electric/hybrid service and repair for Tesla vehicles.
2. Teaching experience at the college level or educational institution.
3. Experience with industry advisory committee for industry collaboration
4. Demonstrated experience with advanced automotive technology equipment and machines.
5. Knowledge and experience with online learning resources and software.
6. Bilingual abilities.
Districts Diversity Requirements
- Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender identity, sexual orientation, cultural, disability, and ethnic background of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced
- Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the Districts hiring policy; or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
$81,767 to $112,242 Entry Level Annual Salary (10 Month Academic Salary Schedule 2021-2022); Maximum Salary Potential $145,632. Note: Actual Salary placement is based on candidate's verified education and experience.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes a pension, medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Faculty also receive paid sick leave.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://sjeccd.peopleadmin.com/
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the Districts emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.