Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
PT Massage Therapy Instructor/Program Coordinator
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
PT Massage Therapy Instructor/Program Coordinator
PART-TIME MASSAGE THERAPY INSTRUCTOR/PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applicants for this position. Applications will be accepted continuously until otherwise noted. Applications will remain on file for two years from date received or last submitted.
SELECTION PROCEDURE:Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
- Indoor, Machine Shop environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor or librarian duties as assigned, evaluation and assessment of student work, and submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in evaluations of their performance including administrator, peer and/or student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have other opportunities to participate in campus events, professional development opportunities and college meetings, and are encouraged to be actively involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for performance of office hours, additional assignments, and participation in campus or professional development events.
- Demonstrated skills in communicating effectively, both written and orally, with students and colleagues.
- Evidence of experience and proficiency in the utilization of the laboratory and laboratory equipment and the associated instruction appropriate to college massage therapy courses.
- Evidence of a strong commitment to remain current in massage therapy, spa, wellness and alternative wellness therapy, instructional techniques.
- Experience in designing massage therapy, spa, wellness and alternative medicine curriculum.
- Promote appropriate safety practices in the laboratory.
- The ability to develop instructional learning outcomes and to develop methods for assessing student's achievement of these outcomes, as well as to ensure consistent and appropriate monitoring of student progress and use the assessment of one's pedagogy and examine its effect critically.
- Commitment to the scholarship of teaching and learning including the ability to reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of one's own pedagogy and to make such reflection public.
- Commitment to creative use of technology in teaching and learning, in environments such as computer-assisted or smart classrooms, class websites, or online platforms.
- The ability to engage students from a broad spectrum of cultural, academic. Socio-economic, and language backgrounds both in the classroom and in consultation either in person or through the use of technology.
- Demonstrate and enthusiasm for, understanding of, and commitment to the role and purpose of the community college.
- A commitment to the teaching profession, its goals and ideals, and enthusiasm for the mission of FHDA District College.
- The ability to use teaching methods that engage students actively in their own learning, promote development of critical thinking skills, and encourage them to become lifelong learners.
- The ability to use instructional methods that emphasize group cooperation and collaboration and that reflect cultural sensitivity and interdisciplinary approaches to subject matter.
- Ability to organize and explain materials in ways appropriate to students with differing abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experience.
- As a program Coordinator work collaboratively with faculty and staff in the spirit of collegiality and innovation to enhance instruction, curriculum, and student success.
- Work with the program assistant as a program Coordinator monitor program budget; purchase needed materials, write applications for small grants.
- Work with the program assistant to coordinate Advisory Board meetings and attend other program related meetings such as VTEA, write program review and accreditation documents as required by the institution or external agencies.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges: Any bachelor's degree and two (2) years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years (6) of professional experience.
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED prior to an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
- Master's Degree in a Health Related Discipline; two Years of recent full-time or part-time equivalent experience teaching massage therapy, wellness, and/or CAM (Complementary and Alternative Medicine) therapies at the college level (lecture and lab based courses).
- Three years of working in a variety of professional massage therapy environments: spa, athletic events, chiropractic, hospital etc.
- Demonstrate current knowledge and experience in the fields of massage therapy, wellness, spa and complementary and alternative medicine environments.
SALARY RANGE:Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
APPLICATION PROCESS:To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/123?c=fhda
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |