Assistant Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
Assistant Vice President of Facilities (Reg FT)
: Office of College Services
This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than February 12, 2021. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts, certain conditions or restrictions may apply.
Admin 20 - $95,004
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
This position reports to the Vice President for Facilities Management and assists with providing leadership and coordination of assigned activities with college campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. The position assists with the planning, direction, and oversight of operational and budgetary activities of the Facilities Management Department, and assists with leading and overseeing college-wide security and safety operations. Supports the Vice President for Facilities Management in providing highly responsible and complex administrative services to advance the mission of the institution and to foster collaboration with campus leaders and facilities staff.
Master's degree in facilities management, planning, construction management, engineering, business administration or related degree from an accredited college or university. 4 - 7 years of progressive responsible management experience in different levels of Facilities Services, Construction, College Administration, or similar work environment.
- Knowledge of facility management and/or auxiliary services principles and practices
- Knowledge of accounting and finance rules and regulations as mandated by federal and state agencies
- Mechanical, electrical and HVAC systems
- Housekeeping, maintenance and grounds management
- Energy, utility and sustainability/environmental system and operations
- Environmental Health & Safety
- Integrated Pest Management
- Property, space management and lease negotiations
- Construction, renovations and alterations
- Interacting with public agencies, municipalities, code review and approval authorities
- Budgeting, funding, grants
- Determining work scopes, cost estimating and direction of architects, engineers and other consultants
- Selecting, operating and training others in the use of software and/or other administrative tools associated with the above
- Developing policies, procedures and operating practices
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
1. Assists with the planning, direction and oversight, and participates in the development of college-wide work plans to include all construction projects and facilities services operations. Works collaboratively with campus facilities leaders to assess and complete work activities.
2. Monitors work flow and work products, results, methods, and procedures.
3. May supervise and participate in the development and administration of facilities services and construction project budgets. Monitors and approves expenditures as necessary.
4. Develops, plans, and participates in the implementation of college-wide goals; initiates and recommends actions to accomplish these objectives.
5. Participates in strategic planning and goals setting activities pertaining to assigned area of responsibility.
6. Assists in coordinating college-wide activities with the campuses, centers, departments, and outside agencies. Serves as the primary representative for the college with State agencies.
7. Prepares and presents various reports and other necessary correspondence.
8. Assists in the development of RFPs, bids, contracts, and proposals for construction and facilities related services.
9. Reviews projects and contracts for compliance and takes appropriate actions to resolve discrepancies.
10. Analyzes problems, trouble shoots and identifies alternative solutions, and implement recommendations to accomplished desired results.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
1. Provides first response to and reporting of all college emergencies. Coordinates with campus leaders and Directors of Safety & Security on the implementation of action plans in response to emergencies.
2. Assists in the supervision of planning and implementation of college-wide emergency exercises.
3. Coordinates compliance with applicable codes regarding college safety issues and the implementation of training programs to address the compliance.
4. Assists in ensuring college-wide compliance with applicable environmental health & safety standards.
5. Acts as the college-wide Integrated Pest Management Coordinator ensuring the health & safety of all facility occupants.
6. Collaborates with all campuses and the college Director of Risk Management to ensure all safety documents are up-to-date and meetings are scheduled and reported per college policy.
7. Acts as a member of the college's Clery Compliance Committee to ensure proper documentation and reporting.
8. Assists in ensuring all college life safety systems are inspected and maintained per industry standards.
9. Assists in ensuring all college surveillance systems, access control systems and software programs are installed and maintained per industry standards.
10. Performs other duties as assigned or as required.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=777