Location:Santa Ana College
Posting Close Date:08/27/2018
Teach all assigned classes, which may include evening or off-campus assignments unless excused according to Board Policy provisions. Maintain accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and academic progress. Assist in maintaining course outline for each assigned course. Be familiar with and observe the administrative regulations as they appear in the Faculty Handbook (flex calendar obligations, course overviews, etc.). Participate in department committees and activities. Will teach a variety of courses/levels within the discipline/area of study.
Minimum Qualifications (Applicants must meet one of the following):
- Possess from an accredited institution: Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment; or any associate degree and six years of professional experience directly related to the faculty member's assignment. Professional experience is required when the applicant possesses a master's degree,
- Possess a valid California Community College credential authorizing service in the discipline,
- The equivalent (applicants who do not meet the above minimum qualifications must complete the Equivalencies Section in the application form and provide conclusive evidence of such).
- Teaching experience at a community college level.
- Current industry experience.
- City of Los Angeles Structural Steel Welding License.
- AWS SMAW Structural Steel Certification.
- AWS FCAW Structural Steel Certification.
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Inspector (CWSI).
- American Welding Society Certified Welding Educator (CWE).
- ASME Sec. IX High Pressure Pipe Welding Certification.
- Experience in teaching students from diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds and widely varying levels of proficiency preferred.
- A working knowledge of and experience with student learning outcomes and assessment.
NOTE: Clearly identify all active welding certifications you hold.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position. If you do not have a computer, there is a computer which can only access RSCCD employment website and scanner to upload application materials/documents (no USB) available at the Human Resources Department, 2323 North Broadway, Santa Ana, California, 92706, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
For full application instructions and position description, visit https://www.rsccd.edu/employment/Pages/Employment.aspx
- Resume (Required)
- Unofficial Transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
- Any additional supplemental materials (Optional)