Community College of Allegheny County
Senior Administrative Clerk (Reg FT)
: Human Resources
Office of College Services
Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Work Hours (for hourly positions):
Monday - Friday; 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
EXCL - Sr Administrative Clerk - min. $35,266
Office Support Staff/Maintenance/Housekeeping
Job Open Date:
Job Close Date:
Primary responsibility is to provide timely and accurate processing and maintenance services for the benefits area. Additionally perform general clerical duties, including coverage of phones and support/coverage for human resources, benefits and recruitment system, complete document scanning, filing, mailing, and assist with other projects. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with college employees and correctly convey information to these individuals.
Associate's degree or at least 60 college credits in a related field required. Must have at least one year of related experience working in an office environment. Experience working with reconciling accounts, accounting or budgeting a plus. Must be well organized with ability to work within a fast-paced environment, prioritize, troubleshoot, multi-task, be detail oriented, have strong comfort with using technology to improve efficiency, customer focused, and maintain confidentiality. Must be highly proficient in Excel; proficient with Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and applications through internet. Work experience using human resources information systems preferred.
1. Primary responsibility is the timely and accurate maintenance and processing of benefits services, including healthcare plans, retirement plans, leaves/life insurance, flexible spending, and tuition reimbursement
2. Maintain employee benefits records, benefits bill payments, remittance files and reconciling, retirement purchase of services, open/initial benefit enrollments, tuition reimbursement and benefit department databases, reports,
journal entries, and vouchers.
3. Seek to innovate and continuously improve upon work processes.
4. Review documents and data for accuracy; identify, report, and correct errors timely.
5. Perform general clerical duties including scanning documents into imaging system, preparing correspondence, reports, forms and other data; receive and route phone calls, mail and visitors; room scheduling; updates to department webpages and employee portal site; set up and maintaining various records, logs, files and reports.
6. Provide support in functional areas of human resources, which generally will include recruitment and employment, personnel records, benefits and others as assigned.
7. Provide support with the recruitment process and hiring of new employees, utilizing web based applicant tracking system and correspond with inquiries regarding employment website.
8. Assist with filing employee documents into personnel files, assist with verifying, running online reports, and data entry of I-9 forms, and other various data entry.
9. Provide coverage for support staff during lunches and time off leaves.
10. Act in a confidential capacity.
11. Interact with faculty, staff, and outside agencies to exchange accurate and timely information.
12. Prepare materials for bulk mailings.
13. Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here
or by going to http://www.ccac.edu/hr
, selecting "HR Forms and Documents" from the left menu and locating the link named "CCAC Instructions on Clearances.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=233