Instructional Temporary Pool
This is a pool of applicants for any Instructional temporary positions that may become available within the Foothill - De Anza Community College District. Applications submitted to this temporary pool will be screened by HR for minimum qualifications. After your application has been screened you will receive an e-mail notification regarding your status.
Possible positions that may fall under this Instructional temporary pool are:
- CDC Instructional Assistant I - III
- CDC Teacher/Instructor I - III
- Instructional Aide I - II
- Student Tutor
The job descriptions for each job title are:
- CDC Instructional Assistant I
- Assist teachers with meal/nap preparation and other housekeeping tasks. Supervise and assist children under the supervision of classroom teachers.
- CDC Instructional Assistant II - Assist teachers with meal/nap preparation and other housekeeping tasks. Prepare instructional materials and set-up indoor/outdoor activities as per teacher's direction. Supervise and assist children under the supervision of classroom teachers.
- CDC Instructional Assistant III - Assist teachers with meal/nap preparation and other housekeeping tasks. Prepare instructional materials and set-up indoor/outdoor activities as per teacher's direction. Assist teachers with instructional activities as well as routine care giving. Supervise and assist children under the supervision of classroom teachers.
- CDC Teacher/Instructor I/II/III (non-credit) - Instruct and set up activities for children. Develop curriculum or activities within focus of program. Independently prepare lesson plans and class/program materials. Oversee the work of assistants or aides. Keep records of daily attendance. Level of pay is based upon requirements of program(s) and knowledge of subject matter.
- Instructional Aide I - Perform in an assisting capacity in an instructional environment. Duties may include classroom aide, tutoring, test proctoring, registration, lab aide, etc. Provide general support to the instructional activities.
- Instructional Aide II - Perform in an assisting capacity in an instructional environment. Provide instructional, technical or specialized services to individuals or small groups to a designated area. May assist students in clarification of assignments, locations of materials, orientation of procedures and equipment. May assist instructors in various tasks to set-up classroom or laboratory.
- Student Tutor - Works directly with students to help students understand course material and give students greater opportunity for success; prepare written or oral reports on the progress of the students they work with. Additional duties may include: working with student 1:1 in designated program facilities; attend class regularly alongside enrolled students either as an observer or as a teaching assistant; hold workshops with groups of students outside of class hours; prepare materials for use in the class and tutorial sessions; attend meetings with the supervisor, classroom instructor or other campus employees; utilize effective tutoring techniques shared through trainings; promote utilization of resources and independent learning; report any problems or concerns to the appropriate supervisor, and; perform other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications: Tutors must be enrolled in one of the following tutor training courses: PSE-111A, PSE-111B, LA-111A, LA-111B, or have successfully completed any two of those courses. (NOTE: Course number will change to PSE-61A, PSE-61B, LA starting Fall 2016).
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/37?c=fhda