Communication Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
Flexible, as needed
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
The successful applicant will be expected to provide instruction in public speaking, interpersonal communication, intercultural communication, and small group communication. This assignment may also include opportunities to teach rhetoric, argumentation, persuasion, organizational communication, leadership, and health communication.
This assignment may include teaching at other campus sites, day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Education and Experience:
Possession of a valid credential which authorizes full-time teaching of Communication/Language Arts at the California Community College level; OR
-Masters in speech, speech broadcasting, telecommunications, rhetoric, communication, communication studies, speech communication, or organizational communication; OR
-Bachelors in speech, speech broadcasting, telecommunications, rhetoric, communication, communication studies, speech communication, or organizational communication AND
Masters in drama/theater arts, mass communication, or English;
The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for these positions. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must request and submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service. Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge & Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Completed application packet must include:
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the Bakersfield College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, and academic goals.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Computer literacy and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Ability and experience in working effectively and collegially with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service to students.
- Commitment to and knowledge of best practices for integrating communication skills with other disciplines.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9234
- Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
- Current resume
- Copies of legible transcripts
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.