American River College
Political Science Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00490P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,073 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overload, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules. Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master’s degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 3/11/2019
Complete job description and application available online at: http://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/10230
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty member as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Meeting student needs and interests both in and outside of the classroom.
● Utilizing culturally-responsive and appropriate teaching strategies, techniques, learning materials, and assignments to engage our multi-cultural and diverse student body, and create an effective learning environment.
● Collegial collaboration and shared responsibility among all faculty members with respect to: day-to-day operations, updating and improving our programs, and meeting obligations to the college, such as serving as Department Chair on a rotating schedule and representation in participatory governance.
Position Salary Information:
Initial maximum salary placement is based on academic degree, upper/graduate level units earned, and/or related professional occupational experience per the Los Rios College Federation of Teachers (LRCFT) contract Article 2 (The initial maximum placement is Class V, Step 8).
The teaching assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching: college-level transfer courses, including Introduction to Government: United States (POLS 301) and other courses currently in the college catalog or to be developed, including honors classes.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Political Science, Government, or International Relations; OR, have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 22, 2019, in Political Science, Government, or International Relations, AND have a master’s in Economics, History, Public Administration, Social Science, Sociology, any Ethnic Studies, JD or LL.B.; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have an equity-minded focus, responsiveness, and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles; and successfully foster and support an inclusive educational and employment environment.
● Applicants applying under the "equivalent" provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation and/or professional experience is the equivalent of the degrees listed above.
● If your degree title differs from the minimum qualifications listed above, you are requested to submit this equivalency statement.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.