The District’s goal as an academic community is to sustain a working environment that is welcoming to all, fosters and celebrates diversity, and promotes and rewards excellence. An exemplary academic community promotes an inclusive environment that best prepares our faculty, staff and students to live, work, and contribute to a global society.
This position is a short-term, hourly, non-bargaining unit position, not to exceed 160 days per Fiscal Year. You will be contacted should the hiring department/division be interested in scheduling an interview with you to discuss your qualifications and skills. Please do not call the Human Resources Office regarding the status of your application. The most current status of all applications will be available for you to view on our website. This position is open until filled or withdrawn.
The Office of Student Life and Equity Programs is hiring Diversity and Equity Peer Educators (DEPE). The Office of Student Life and Equity Programs is committed to providing meaningful services, activities and communications that build community; ensure academic success; encourage creative expression, personal growth, and well-being; foster diversity, equity and social justice; and promote student advocacy and leadership.
Diversity and Equity Peer Educators (DEPE) are committed to educating and advocating for issues of diversity and equity among their peers.
The Diversity and Equity Peer Educators (DEPE) will:
- Be a full-time student (12 credits).
- Demonstrate an interest, passion, commitment and willingness to learn about diversity and equity.
- Be able to attend extensive cultural competency training sessions.
- Be able to attend weekly staff meetings.
- Be able to work efficiently with a diverse group of team members.
- Assist in diversity and equity training.
- Help facilitate diversity and equity initiatives through workshops, retreats, and events.