Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Manager, AE Enrollment & Compliance Operations
Austin Community College District
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Manager, AE Enrollment & Compliance Operations
Job Description Summary:
To provide leadership in the management of the enrollment operations and compliance for the Adult Education (AE) division. Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, Adult Education, is responsible for assessing all existing controls and practices; identifying areas where improvement is needed in relation to prospective student enrollment, maximizing enrollment strategies and grant compliance; and ensuring that all enrollment and related grant processes in a large multi-campus structure maintain the highest levels of uniformity, consistency, and quality in addition to adhering to all applicable requirements.
*Description of Duties and Tasks *
- Supervises, trains, coaches, directs, coordinates, and disciplines personnel while adhering to organizational human resource policies and procedures as well as related employment laws. Recommends hire and termination personnel actions for positions supervised.
- Manages Adult Education data systems (internal, ACC, and TWC-TEAMS reporting system) for the Texas Workforce Commission Adult Education Service Provider Grant and/or other grants. Creates and updates yearly internal data tracking systems for AE student enrollment data including attendance using Google and/or other database software for AE Division to optimize AE deliverables related to enrollment.
- Ensures all data is submitted into TEAMS, the TWC Adult Education Management System, according to TWC established deadlines and other grant requirements.
- Assures compliance with all local, state, federal and grant regulations and laws regarding student enrollment, registration and record keeping.
- Identifies regulatory and/or data systems changes, updates and/or issues. Provides and implements proposed solutions as needed including plans, recommendations, and timetables for effectively implementing changes appropriately both for compliance and administrative effectiveness for AE enrollment and other related processes.
- Creates and communicates internal policies and procedures including related SOPs (standard operating procedures) for each area and specific function within the AE enrollment data area to assure ACC and grant compliance and regulatory and administrative requirements are met.
- Manages and monitors all aspects of AE student records. Maintains security protocols on physical and electronic records.
- Prepares required documentation and student records for external monitors. Ensures all records are complete, accurate, secure, and in compliance with regulations and administrative requirements.
- Provides technical assistance to AEL Consortium organizations on grant compliance related to enrollment, TWC reporting and monitoring, and other related requirements.
- Develops and performs internal monitoring for AE Division and Travis County AEL Consortium Partners.
- Provides training to direct reports and AE staff on updates and issues with respect to state and federal admissions and records programs.
- Establishes and maintains data collection and reporting processes for stakeholders including ACC’s decision-makers that support the college’s mission and goals. Creates and presents reports.
- Creates, manages, and monitors innovative enrollment management systems, procedures and workflows; researches best practices related to the areas of strategic enrollment best practices, academic records, and registration.
- Reviews upgrades to the collegewide ERP and other related systems on behalf of AE including, but not limited to settings, data management, team management, organizational/business set-ups, field security profiles, documentation, and student fields on initial systems setups.
- Serves as lead business administrator for Salesforce or other college wide CRM which includes designing systems for processing student prospect records and applications, prospect interaction, running reports, importing test scores, creating events, data imports, and other day-to-day enrollment operational activities.
- Assists AE enrollment and outreach team with student application issues including resetting passwords, uploading required documents and other related issues.
- Oversees the student enrollment webpage(s).
- Manages and designs the building of workflows, writing of duplicate detection rules, creating dialogs, working with data, and helping design dashboards for the student contact management system.
- Functions as key liaison, service provider, and subject matter expert to Adult Education instructional departments and aligns AE class schedules and data with the ACC schedule development team and ACC scheduling systems. Serves as primary liaison between the Adult Education Division, Enrollment Management Office, and the Information Technology (IT) team for all enrollment management office software and systems for AE.
- Serves as AE representative for ACC reports committee and coordinates and aligns AE enrollment processes and AE student data with ACC Admissions and Enrollment Services.
Additional Job Specific Duties
- Supervisory practices and principles.
- Processes and procedures used in maintaining all aspects of a collegewide communications management system.
- Data collection, verification, and compilation methods.
- Report design.
- Ability to communicate clearly and explain complex systems to non-technical personnel.
- Physical and digital record storage.
- End user training.
- Salesforce and CRM.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills, including attention to detail and follow-through.
- Generating computer reports using queries.
- Working collaboratively.
- Analyzing complex information, including legislative and regulatory changes, and implementing long-range operational and immediate implementation plans.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Salesforce and other CRM tools.
- Data management.
- Google Suite.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience and one year supervisory experience.
- Completion of the ACC Supervisor Certificate Series Program will satisfy the supervisory experience required for this position.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience with implementing, configuring, and customized enterprise-level student contact management systems in particular Customer Relationship Management (CRM), preferably Ellucian Colleague.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 10 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |