Professional Expert - Industrial Maintenance Instructor P/T
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$30.00 $50.00 per hour based on expertise and experience
Flexible-No more than 20-25 hrs per wk
This position is not eligible for health benefits.
DO-KCCD Bakersfield Downtown
The Kern Community College District is looking for instructor/trainers with experience training Industrial Maintenance Technicians to train participants in our Energy Careers Training program.
Education and Experience:
- Five years of related industry experience is required.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Prior experience with a manufacturer is a plus.
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Note: Degrees and credits must be from accredited institutions (Title V Section 53406). Any degree from a country other than the United States, including Canada and Great Britain, must be evaluated by an evaluation service.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
STRONG KNOWLEDGE OF:
- Industrial safety.
- Power tools.
- Technical drawings.
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
- Meet schedules and timelines.
- Work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Establish good working relationships with a variety of individuals and organizations and facilitate inter-organizational cooperation.
- Learn College and District organization and applicable operations, policies, and procedures.
- Utilize internet research, computer word processing, electronic mail, and spreadsheet programs.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/9562
- Completed Online Application for Employment form
- Current resume
- Letter of interest (Cover Letter)
- Copies of legible transcripts, if applicable
- List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.