Librarian/Information Competency Instructor, Part-time Adjunct Pool (Bishop & Mammoth Lakes)
Kern Community College District
Initial Screening Date:
Open Until Filled:
$60.00/hour; Rate may vary based on type of assignment and Lecture Hour Equivalent (LHE) formula.
Flexible, as needed
Sick Leave only
This position is eligible for ACA health benefits.
Cerro Coso College
CC-Mammoth Lakes Campus
This is for an adjunct pool that will be used to staff the 2018-19 and/or 2019-20 academic year.
The successful applicant will be expected to perform academic reference, instruction in the use of the library's online resources, develop and present library research and writing workshops, promotion of library resources to faculty, and other general library activities such as collection development, development of subject guides and promotion and outreach. They will also be expected to provide instruction in Information Competency, both in the classroom and within the library. Information Competency topics include recognizing an information need, information retrieval, evaluation of information, information formats, presenting information effectively, understanding legal and ethical aspects of information.
This assignment may include day or evening classes, weekend classes, large classes, distance learning and using multiple teaching methodologies.
Additional duties include: maintaining subject matter currency; developing and revising curriculum; using computer and multimedia technology; collegial participation in departmental, college and discipline-specific professional activities.
Education and Experience:
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
Masters in Library Science, or Library and Information Science, from an ALA accredited institution; OR
- The equivalent. Certain combinations of education, experience, and other accomplishments in the field may be judged as equal to the stated minimum qualifications for this position. Candidates who feel they possess such equivalent qualifications must
submit an APPLICATION FOR EQUIVALENCE
form. Supporting documents must be included with the completed form. AND
- A demonstrated sensitivity to students with diverse academic, socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds and students with disabilities.
Note: The screening of candidates will be conducted by a screening committee. The screening committee reserves the right to limit the number of interviews granted. Meeting the minimum qualifications for a position does not assure the applicant of an interview.
Knowledge and Abilities:
Knowledge and Abilities:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- Experience with reference services.
- Knowledge of the current state of online information technology in libraries.
- Significant experience with online search strategies.
- Commitment to student learning.
- Awareness of the College mission, vision, and values.
- Sensitivity to students with a wide range of skills, motivations, academic, and vocational goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of computers and willingness to experiment using multimedia instructional materials.
- Commitment to working effectively and harmoniously with colleagues in an environment that promotes teaching, learning and service students.
Complete application packets will be accepted until the position is filled. The College reserves the right to extend time limits or reinitiate the recruitment/selection process at any point.
Completed application packet must include:
Completed Online Faculty Application for Academic Employment form
Copies of legible transcripts
List of six (6) professional references Listed on application form
Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to participate in the selection process should contact Human Resources to make the necessary arrangements.
All applicants must apply online at https://careers.kccd.edu/postings/10473
. Emails will not be accepted.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, the Kern Community College District encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply.