COUNSELING: Adjunct POOL (college/continuing education)
San Diego Community College District
NOTE: The San Diego Community College District accepts applications for adjunct (part-time/substitute) positions for our three college campuses (City, Mesa, Miramar) and various continuing education centers on a continuous basis. However, it does not necessarily imply there are immediate openings. If you meet the required minimum qualifications, your application will be included in the adjunct pool for possible assignments in the fall, spring, and/or summer semesters of the academic year. Hiring departments utilize the adjunct pool when there is a need and will contact you directly should you possess the qualifications they are seeking. Applications are purged approximately one year from submittal, at which time you will receive an automated e-mail notice to re-apply if you wish to remain in the pool.
Part-time/temporary faculty positions offer flexible hours and the opportunity to assist a diverse group of adult students in achieving their educational goals. As one of the largest community college districts in southern California, we offer a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, vocational and occupational programs. These part-time positions are as-needed and applicants should live within commuting distance to San Diego.
Assignments may include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and/or off-campus classes.
Adjunct counselors will be required to provide general counseling services to include the following:
- Perform educational advising, administer and interpret appropriate assessment instruments for prospective students; refer students to support as necessary.
- Inform students about college procedures, catalog use, regulations, fees, resources, special programs, and use of placement test scores.
- Assist entering students to complete a first-semester individual educational plan; and provide continuing students assistance in identifying appropriate academic and educational goals.
- Conduct individual career counseling.
- Provide career information to students as needed.
- Assist students in finding appropriate college and community resources to resolve problems, and crises, which interfere with their success as students.
- Provide counseling services for probationary and disqualified students; address and identify student learning problems in cooperation with the instructional program.
- Provide counseling and advisement services to special program students including students on financial aid, international students, veterans, students with disabilities, athletes, and students in various retention programs.
- Assist with the ongoing planning and implementation of the college Matriculation Plan.
Degrees must be from regionally accredited institutions.
- Masters degree in Counseling; Rehabilitation Counseling; Clinical Psychology; Counseling Psychology; Guidance Counseling; Educational Counseling; Social Work; Career Development; Marriage and Family Therapy; OR Marriage, Family and Child Counseling; OR,
- Bachelors degree in Counseling; Rehabilitation Counseling; Clinical Psychology; Counseling Psychology; Guidance Counseling; Educational Counseling; Social Work; Career Development; Marriage and Family Therapy; OR Marriage, Family and Child Counseling;
A license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT)
- Possession of a California Community College Counselor Credential (valid for life); OR,
- The equivalent.
California Community College Counselor Credential (valid for life)
At the time that an offer of assignment is made, proper salary placement is contingent upon receipt of OFFICIAL (sealed) transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Instructors with advanced coursework and/ or experience shall be placed on the appropriate class and step on the Adjunct College Salary Schedules, effective the first month following receipt (in Human Resources) of the official transcripts and Verifications of Previous Work Experience (if applicable). Initial salary placement will be at the first class/step until all required documentation has been submitted.
for the current salary schedule or you may view the current salary schedule by using the Salary Schedules link to the left.
If you would like to open the link in a different tab or window, right click and select the option.
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.