Director of Planning and Construction (Reg FT)
Position Title: Director of Planning and Construction (Reg FT)
Department: Facilities Management
Campus: College Wide
Additional Information: This position will remain open until filled. However, in order to ensure consideration for an interview, please submit your completed application, cover letter and resume by no later than April 21, 2022. The College cannot guarantee that application materials received after this date will be considered or reviewed.
Benefits: CCAC offers an exceptional benefits package. Highlights include an excellent health plan with very low out-of-pocket expense network option, generous time off and holiday pay, a 403b retirement plan with up to 10% employer match or other options through the State's retirement defined benefit pension system, free employee parking, public service (student) loan forgiveness eligible employer, and employer paid benefits including group life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
Work Hours (for hourly positions): Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm. Additional hours, including evening and weekend hours, may be needed to meet the needs of the department.
Salary Grade: N/A
Job Category: Administrators
Employment Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Slot: 5973
Job Open Date: 4/6/2022
Job Close Date:
General Summary: Oversee the college's construction and projects team. Lead contact and position of importance with all college renovation, construction, and large projects.
Requirements: Requires a bachelor's degree (masters preferred) in Engineering, Architecture or related field and at least six years of related facilities and/or construction experience. Must be a strong communicator and have the ability to develop relationships with internal and external parties. Must be proficient in using College software, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with OSHA regulations. Must have a strong understanding of contracts to hold external parties accountable. Project management certification (PMP) and/or construction certifications preferred. Must be able to travel to all College locations and work after hours, weekends, holidays, if and as necessary.
1. Accepts stewardship of campus facilities, grounds and infrastructure, serving as the aesthetic conscience for all CCAC campuses and the liaison with the Internal Operations and Facilities Management.
2. Responsible for the development of the long-range, three-year to ten-year capital plans and reporting on the Institutional Master Plan.
3. Provides oversight of design & construction functions with the assistance of a design committee in the conceptual & schematic design stages.
4. Sets the direction for the planning and construction department, including strategic vision, design standards, review of internal work, and serving as liaison with regional campus administrators for planning and construction activities on their campuses
5. Responsible for the ongoing success of capital projects, ensuring close coordination and collaboration with Facilities Management and project stakeholders
6. Facilitates meetings across CCAC departments to develop and promote campus design standards, capital plans, facility plans, exterior plans, space plans, and ensures project advancement in support of the physical campus.
7. Offers support for land use, zoning, and regional development initiatives for the campuses.
8. Provides planning, design and construction services for all capital projects and physical campus improvements undertaken by all CCAC campuses.
9. Oversees work of consulting firms for the production of documents and project construction management, ensuring completion on time and within budget.
10. Oversees development of integrated planning documents for the short, mid and long-term physical planning efforts of the college.
11. Communicates with major stakeholder groups across the campus, including students, faculty and staff constituents.
12. Provides coordination and planning input for major functional areas within the CCAC community.
13. Leads and advances CCAC's efforts to maintain a diverse, equitable, and inclusive community.
14. Remains competent and current through self-directed professional continuing education and directs staff to do the same as appropriate for their role and responsibilities.
15. Advises the college's senior administration of planning, design and construction issues and concerns.
16. Oversees and promotes the effective allocation, use and management of CCAC space.
17. Manages and provides oversight of external vendors and consultants, including but not limited to, Project Managers, Construction Managers, Primes, Architects and Engineers to complete construction, renovation, and large repair projects.
18. Initiates, plans, performs, monitors, and completes facility-related projects, including budget preparation, estimates and timelines.
19. Represents the college in meetings with city, county and state-related agencies as required.
20. Monitors public bidding process in conjunction with the college's purchasing department.
21. Works with the College's Safety and Security department to assure safety is the number one priority of all job sites.
22. Provides the leadership for the implementation of a system for storage and retrieval of all project documents including drawings, specifications, and other files as well as documentation of updates to buildings and sites as projects are initiated and completed.
23. Develops, implements, and maintains a comprehensive space management system to provide improved records and efficient retrieval of space allocation, occupancy, and use data.
24. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned.
Clearances: Current criminal record/child abuse clearances will be required if offered the position and in order to be employed at the College. The three clearances are Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Records Check, and Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Criminal Background Check. The College has provided instructions on how to obtain these clearances and are available here.
Vaccination: Effective November 1, 2021, as a condition of employment, all new employees of Community College of Allegheny County must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of their vaccination or have received an approved exemption to be an employee. Prospective employees who are offered a position can request an exemption from this vaccine requirement for religious or documented medical reasons. Exemption requests will be reviewed for approval on a case-by-case basis by the Office of Human Resources.
To view the full job posting and apply for this position, go to: https://ccac.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=1039