Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Part-Time Head Coach Men's Water Polo
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Part-Time Head Coach Men's Water Polo
The Athletic Department is committed to guiding diverse students towards success in academics, athletic competition and citizenship, by providing opportunities where students have access to resources in their growth. The Part-Time Men's Water Polo Head Coach will work directly with student-athletes, faculty/coaches and staff to promote student success and equity. The aquatics facility ranks among the best on the West Coast, serving as the host site for the 2019 California Community College Athletic Association Swim & Dive State Championships; we also have a long-standing partnership with De Anza Cupertino Aquatics (DACA) - recognized as the top aquatics program for developing youth champions and Olympians. This part-time coaching position reports to the Dean of Physical Education & Athletics. The selected candidate will start the onboarding process this summer and start the assignment during the Fall 2021 quarter.
PART-TIME MEN'S WATER POLO HEAD COACH
Foothill-De Anza Community College District is establishing a pool of qualified applications for the position of Part-Time Men's Water Polo Head Coach. Assignments may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an online format.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives and will be filled on an as-needed basis. This is on-going recruitment, until otherwise noted and applications will remain on file for two (2) years from date received or last submitted.
Applications will be screened by appropriate department representatives on an as-needed basis. Qualified applicants who best meet the needs of the division will be contacted for an interview.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION INCLUDE
Standard duties expected of all part-time faculty include the performance of instructional, counselor, or librarian duties as assigned; evaluation and assessment of student work; and timely submission of grades. In addition, part-time faculty are expected to participate in the assessment of their performance, including administrative and student evaluations. Part-time faculty may also have opportunities to participate in various campus and staff development activities and are encouraged to be involved in the larger College or District community. Part-time faculty may be eligible to receive additional pay for office hours, additional assignments, and professional development events.
- Coach intercollegiate Men's Water Polo. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide the organization, direction, and administration of the Men's Water Polo program.
- Perform coaching duties at practices and contests.
- Home meet preparation and management.
- Recruit student-athletes from the college's recruiting areas.
- Schedule contests, arrange transportation, and manage the budget.
- Stay current on all Division, District, Conference and California Community College Athletic Association rules and policies.
- Develop an off-season conditioning and strength program that monitors the progress of the student-athletes.
- Assist with fundraising events.
- Work effectively with the supervisors, athletic trainers, academic counselor and advisor, equipment staff and others in the Department.
- Indoor and outdoors, office environment.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
- Vision sufficient to read various materials.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to perform the tasks required of the position.
- Regularly stand, walk, and sit for extended periods of time.
- Bending at waist, kneeling, or crouching.
- Reaching overhead, above the shoulders, and horizontally.
- Lifting and carrying objects up to 20 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Minimum Qualifications for this position as defined in the Minimum Qualifications for Faculty and Administrators in California Community Colleges published by the Academic Affairs Division, Chancellor's Office, California Community Colleges which can be located at the website: https://www.cccco.edu/About-Us/Chancellors-Office/Divisions/Educational-Services-and-Support/What-we-do/Educational-Programs-and-Professional-Development/Minimum-Qualifications
NOTE: Official Transcripts verifying qualifications will be REQUIRED after an offer of employment. Applicants who have international transcripts must obtain transcripts that are evaluated by an independent educational-equivalency evaluation company and obtain an English translation (if necessary). These services are to be done at the applicant's expense. Both Foothill De Anza CCD employees and external candidates must submit transcripts.
Actual placement is based on applicant's verified education and experience.
For the complete Faculty Salary Schedule, go to: http://hr.fhda.edu/_faculty-information.html
To be considered for this pool, you must submit an on-line application packet with the following items:
- A District on-line application at http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
- A cover letter addressing the preferred qualifications for the position.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application materials.
If you wish to request equivalency for this position (if you believe you do not meet minimum qualifications), you may submit the Request for Equivalency form. This form will need to be submitted with your application packet. You may either scan a hard copy of this form with your application packet or submit it as a Word document with your application packet. http://hr.fhda.edu/_downloads/Equivalency.pdf
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services.
The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District does not reimburse applicants for travel, lodging or any other costs incurred by applicant to attend interviews or accept employment. All interviewing and moving costs incurred will be the responsibility of the applicant.
To apply, visit https://fhda.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home/requisition/424?c=fhda
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |