2/5/2021 5:00 PM Pacific
As soon as possible after the offer of employment.
Santiago Canyon College
2019/2020 Child Development Salary Range
$43,152.43 - $47,390.81/year
New employees are appointed to the first step of the salary schedule; placement shall be based upon the transcripts and degree submitted.
Under general direction, assumes full responsibility for planning, supervising, and evaluating the daily program activities of a group of 6 months - 5 year old children, communicating to the families of these children, and supervising the classroom teaching team. Plans, supervises, and evaluates daily program activities of children; plans, implements, and cleans up assigned areas; executes and maintains assessment records on children's development, conducts conferences; attends weekly staff meetings; leads team meetings; work with and mentors college practicum students; performs other duties as assigned. This class reports to the Child Development Center Director. This class supervises teachers, interns, aides, student assistants, college students, and volunteers.
(Applicants must meet one of the following):
- Possess a Child Development Master Teacher Permit. Requirements for this permit include completion of twenty-four semester units of course work in Early Childhood Education/Child Development, including 3 units of Infant/Toddler Development Program plus 16 units in general education, and six additional semester units in the area of specialization and two semester units of adult supervision course work; completion of 350 days of experience in an instructional capacity in a child care and development program, working at least three hours per day within the last four years; OR
- Completion of a bachelor's degree or higher with twelve or more semester units of early childhood education, or child development course work plus three units supervised field experience in an early childhood education setting; minimum 350 days experience in a child care and development program; OR
- Completion of equivalent training approved by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- A tuberculosis (TB) clearance, physical examination, and fingerprint clearance.
- Provide official records of vaccination or immunity to Influenza, Pertussis, and Measles.
- AA degree with four years of experience or BA degree with two years of experience. Completion of 6 infant/toddler units.
In addition to the requirements and responsibilities listed, the following criteria will be considered in selecting candidates for interviews:
- Educational experience - breadth and depth
- Work experience - breadth and depth
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities
- Curriculum development
- Program development
- Community involvement
- Demonstrated experience in working with a diverse socioeconomic community
- Credentials or minimum qualifications authorizing service in other areas of need
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with others
- Bilingual ability (if needed)
Based upon the information presented on the application materials, a limited number of candidates with qualifications most pertinent to the position will be invited to participate in the selection process, which may include a written test and oral interview.
Applicants selected for an interview may be required to take additional tests or assessments and will be notified of such prior to the date of the interview. During the oral session, those selected for interviews, in addition to the above, may be evaluated on the following factors:
- Oral communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Successful teaching, problem solving or performance demonstration
- Writing skills/demonstration
A predetermined set of questions will be asked of all applicants interviewed. Applicants are requested to provide thorough yet concise information on their related experience to ensure correct evaluation of their qualifications. Evaluation criteria will be applied consistently to all applicants.
Method of Application
For consideration in the selection process, interested persons must complete the RSCCD application and upload all required documents online by the specified closing date for the position.
Please upload the following application materials in the appropriate boxes with your online application by the closing date:
- Resume (Required)
- Unofficial transcripts showing that the minimum qualifications are met (Required)
- Valid Child Development Master Teacher Permit or a relevant credential (Required)
Candidates selected for employment will be required to provide current verification of a negative TB test or chest x-ray, complete the district's fingerprinting process, and bring proof of their legal right to work in the United States. Cost of TB testing, fingerprinting and the fee for criminal record check will be paid for by the candidates.
The Rancho Santiago Community College District is an equal employment opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment based on ethnic group identification, national origin, religion, age, sex, race, color, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, medical condition (cancer-related or genetic characteristics), marital status, citizenship, or service in the uniformed services, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.
The District will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicant should contact the Human Resources Office for assistance.
To apply, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rsccd/jobs/2930679/master-teacher?keywords=Master&pagetype=transferJobs