Foothill-De Anza Community College District
Close/Initial Review Date:
Open Until Filled:
$5,014.39 (per month) plus benefits; Salary Grade:
Full Salary Range:
$5,014.39 - $6,717.90 (per month)
The salary advertised with this position is based on the 2017-2018 salary schedule. Effective July 1,2018 through June 30, 2019, the position will receive an additional temporary
5% increase. On July 1, 2019 salaries will revert to the 2017-2018 salary schedule unless another agreement is reached.
The Foothill-De Anza Community College District is currently accepting applications for the classified position above.
This grant funded position will report to the Director of Budget Operations and is responsible for performing a variety of financial accounting, reporting and budgeting functions to support the California Virtual Campus - Online Education Initiative (CVC-OEI) grant funded by the State Chancellor's Office.
The duties of this position include but are not limited to: securing relevant documentation for setting up purchase requisitions; tracking expenses and balances on purchase orders; review and approve trip vouchers, direct pays and contracts; review large invoices with appropriate backup; prepare reports for the senior accounting and program staff; monitor encumbrances and track expenses for major contracts; prepare Journal Entries for expense transfers, chargebacks, accruals; work closely with CVC-OEI partner colleges on invoicing issues and work on special projects assigned by the Senior Accountant and the OEI management team.
Under the direction of an assigned supervisor, perform a variety of professional accounting work in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers or programs; analyze and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of revenues and expenditures.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Depending upon assignment, duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform a variety of professional accounting tasks in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers and programs.
- Analyze, verify and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of expenditures and revenues; enter information into appropriate computerized system; make recommendations regarding the findings; maintain related files.
- Prepare cash and check deposits; review account codes, input entries and review daily cash reports.
- Prepare a variety of financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, budgets and other reports; review daily reports against cash and credit card receipt batches; prepare sales tax reports.
- Assure the proper balance of accounts payable and accounts receivable; audit and process payment requests; reconcile bank accounts; print and disburse checks as appropriate.
- Update current systems to support changes in technology.
- Operate a computer, calculator and other office equipment.
- Prepare and review journal entries for various departments including payroll accrual, interest from investments, bank charges, fees and credit card discounts, sales tax reclassification and other entries as assigned.
- Communicate with various school personnel to provide accounting information and support; communicate with outside contacts regarding bank transactions and other accounting related issues.
- Audit and assist with physical inventory as assigned.
- Initiate research as necessary.
- Review bank accounts for irregularities and make corrections as necessary.
- Provide work direction and guidance to students or other accounting personnel.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Accounting practices, procedures and terminology.
- Financial and statistical record-keeping techniques.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Operation of a computer and assigned software.
- General accounting, budget and business functions of a school district.
- Preparation of financial statements and comprehensive accounting reports.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Demonstrate understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Perform a variety of professional accounting work in the analysis, maintenance and auditing of financial and accounting records for assigned accounts, centers or programs.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, reports, accounts and records of revenues and expenditures.
- Maintain accurate financial and statistical records and statements.
- Verify, reconcile, balance, audit and adjust assigned accounts.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Plan and organize work.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Make arithmetic computations with speed and accuracy.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone as well as making presentations.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard.
- Seeing to read various materials.
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Bending at the waist, kneeling or crouching.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling objects up to 30 lbs.
- Understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff.
- Any combination equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or related field AND three (3) years experience in the preparation and maintenance of financial and accounting records.
- A District on-line application on http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/. *In the application, you will provide information, which demonstrates your understanding of, sensitivity to, and respect for the diverse academic, socio-economic, ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds, disability, and sexual orientation of community college students, faculty and staff. Additionally, you will be asked to explain how your life experiences, studies or work have influenced your commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A cover letter addressing your qualifications for the position.
- A current resume of all work experience, formal education and training.
If any required application materials are omitted, the committee will not review your application. Items not required (including reference letters) will not be accepted. For full-consideration, all application packets must be received by 11:59 pm on the closing date.
Please allow yourself ample time to complete your application and resolve any technical difficulties that may arise with your submission. We do not guarantee a response to application questions within 48 hours of the closing date. You may also visit our Applicant Information to assist with technical difficulties at: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/a-applicant-instructions.html
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
: Full-Time, Grant Funded, 12-months per year
As soon as possible upon completion of the search process.
Excellent benefits package which includes medical coverage for employee and eligible dependents, dental, vision care, employee assistance program, long term disability, retirement benefits and basic life insurance. For information on our benefits package that includes medical for employees and dependents, visit our web site: http://hr.fhda.edu/benefits/index.html
Persons with disabilities who require reasonable accommodation to complete the employment process must notify Employment Services no later than the closing date of the announcement. The successful applicant will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the U.S. All interviewing costs incurred by applicant are the responsibility of the applicant.
For more information about our application process contact:
Foothill-De Anza Community College District
12345 El Monte Road
Los Altos Hills, California 94022
To apply, visit: http://hr.fhda.edu/careers/