Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Supervisor, Furniture and Equipment
Job Description Summary:
To provide oversight and direction in the moving and installation of furniture and equipment throughout Austin Community College District.
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Researches and evaluates options for furniture, fixtures, and equipment (FF&E) for use throughout the district’s facilities.
- Oversees the installation of FF&E on all construction projects.
- Assists with FF&E needs of department with department heads and/or other department personnel, outside contracting firms, consultants, and design professionals; coordinates staff moves.
- Defines project scope, establishes schedules. Assists with drafting tasks in the department.
- Develops recommendations, maintains, and assists in enforcement of design and system FF&E standards for the district’s facilities.
- Oversees the installation of goods and services.
- Files and tracks warranty claims, repairs, and modifications of existing furniture and equipment Track and assist with the installation of Ergonomic desk and equipment as define by ADA Accommodations.
- Supervises movers as it relates to Furniture and Equipment allocations and communicates task status and problems with facilities and construction staff in a timely and clear manner while on job site.
- Identifies onsite issues and schedule /perform work as needed.
- Supervisory principles, practices, and methods.
- Understanding of how people learn.
- Regulations regarding accessibility and hazardous materials found in buildings.
- Current government regulations related to safety requirements in this area, building and fire codes, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) related to this area, and any other relevant government rules, regulations, and specifications.
- Scheduling and planning.
- Maintaining an established work schedule.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills with attention to detail and follow through; able to prioritize.
- Following written and verbal instructions.
- Working collaboratively.
- Ability to negotiate and analytical skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
- High school diploma or educational equivalent.
*Special Requirements*Licenses/Certifications; Other
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation for travel between multiple campus locations.
- Bilingual – Spanish/English
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- Routine exposure to hazardous chemicals, inclement weather, and/or varying temperatures.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Able to climb ladders and stairs and stand/walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$45,537 – $65,055
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.