Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Austin Community College District
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Job Description Summary:
To provide assistance in identifying target markets of potential students, recruiting students, building a diverse pipeline of applicants, and tracking progress to enrollment at Austin Community College (ACC).
Description of Duties and Tasks
- Assists with making presentations and recruiting visits to provide information to prospective students about Austin Community College (ACC), including areas of study, college life, student support and resources, and career as well as transfer options.
- Assists with college fairs, visiting schools and/or community organizations, conducting campus tours, and participating in other special events to recruit prospective students to the college.
- Effectively uses listening, interpersonal, and communication skills while multitasking and receiving a high volume of calls, Google Chat messages, and emails.
- Provides on-going quality communication, effective customer service, and advising support to prospective students by using consistent, effective outreach and follow-up contacts including in-person activities, phone calls, and digital communication; documents and tracks contact data into computer systems ensuring compliance with any regulatory requirements.
- Maintains and updates records and files on recruitment activities along with collected student information using Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Salesforce, Excel, Word or Google Applications;; creates and submits reports.
- May staff specialized centers on ACC Campuses when direct student support is necessary for enrollment campaigns or perform recruitment services duties as necessary
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Best practices for higher education recruitment and enrollment strategies.
- College recruitment, admissions, procedures, programs, and careers.
- Public relations and customer services principles.
- Student database systems.
- Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Salesforce or other contact management systems.
- Multicultural education programs and systems.
Must possess required skills and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, which may include evenings and weekends.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including the use of tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Public speaking skills in preparing and enthusiastically making individual and group presentations.
- Interacting with persons of diverse backgrounds.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Able to collaborate with others in a team focused environment.
- Able to quickly establish rapport and engage prospective students.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Use of various Google Suite applications.
Required Work Experience
- One year related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Experience in college student recruiting or advising.
- Experience with Constituent Relationship Management (CRM) Salesforce or similar contact management systems.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent written communication skills including online and social media formats.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Knowledge of workforce and adult education programs.
- Work is performed in a standard office or similar environment.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling.
- Occasional lifting of objects up to 20 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Primary Location: Multiple Locations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 hours to include Evenings and Weekends
$41,600 - $46,949
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 14, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |