Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Vice Chancellor, Educational Services
San Diego Community College District
Vice Chancellor, Educational Services
San Diego Community College District
Under the general direction of the Chancellor, provide vision, leadership and strategic planning in the administration, review and evaluation of all District educational planning services encompassing all student services and instructional programs. Coordinate and facilitate efforts to ensure proper implementation, review, evaluation and development of educational programs and student services in compliance with applicable regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and provide leadership for a variety of districtwide student services programs, including admissions and records, student records evaluation, counseling, financial aid/EOPS, registration, attendance accounting, administrative computing support, and others as assigned.
- Develop strategic plans to enhance academic integrity of the education and career technical programs of the District.
- Serve as Registrar for the District, assuring the proper preparation and maintenance of permanent student records and transcripts in accordance with Education Code requirements and established District policies and procedures.
- Coordinate colleges accreditation self-study, reports and team visits.
- Manage the preparation and certification of enrollment and attendance reports for State apportionment.
- Manage, coordinate, and provide leadership for a variety of districtwide Disability Support Programs and Services to provide, enhance, and facilitate learning opportunities for all disabled students.
- Oversee the Districts institutional research functions, including conducting analyses of indicators used for institutional effectiveness and enrollment management, developing infrastructures for improving data and information capacity, establishing and implementing research standards and protocols, and the design and development of research reports.
- Direct and manage districtwide Outreach and Title IX Compliance functions, including mandatory training for identified individuals.
- Coordinate development of district policies and procedures regarding student and instructional services functions; research and analyze issues and interpret State and federal regulations impacting student services areas; ensure compliance with regulations districtwide; analyze legislation and make recommendations.
- Develop and coordinate the Districts mail registration system; coordinate scheduling of walk-in registration; develop the annual student services processing calendar.
- Communicate and interpret student and instructional services policies and procedures to the Board of Trustees, District and institutional administrators, faculty and staff; communicate with government agencies and other educational institutions to identify and research issues, interpret and explain policies, provide technical expertise and exchange information.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel; plan, assign, and review work; make recommendations regarding the selection, discipline, counseling, and termination of assigned staff.
- Revise, update, publish, and assure distribution of manuals, policies, and procedures related to the districtwide college catalog, registration, grade reporting, residency determination, attendance accounting, and records retention.
- Design, maintain, and coordinate the publication and dissemination of forms utilized in registration, enrollment, attendance, and grading procedures.
- Plan, organize, and conduct meetings, seminars, and training programs relating to student and instructional services.
- Evaluate and recommend programs, standards, policies, and procedures within the parameters of State and federal laws to meet the Districts goals for assigned programs and services.
- Prepare, submit, and administer budgets for assigned programs and services; monitor and control expenditures; assure proper maintenance of audit trails, documentation, and financial records.
- Assure maintenance of a central records system for student records and transcripts; provide a system for release of student transcripts as appropriate; assure that proper monies are collected for transcripts and other student records.
- Assist the coordination of the District master plan, including articulation of courses internally and externally.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Budget preparation and control.
- Analysis and review of established policies and procedures.
- District organization, operations, policies, and objectives.
- Legislative acumen and media perception.
- Local, State, and federal laws affecting student and instructional services.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment, including computer hardware and software.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Principles of management, leadership, supervision, training, and public administration.
- Principles, practices, techniques, and trends used in student and instructional services programs at a community college district.
- Principles, techniques, and methods used in organizing, maintaining, and retaining comprehensive student records.
- State and federal laws, codes, and regulations affecting student services, attendance accounting, registration, and records maintenance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Commit to shared governance, collaboration and district goals and missions.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Coordinate and provide leadership in evaluating, monitoring, and maintaining instructional services to all disabled college and continuing education students.
- Coordinate, facilitate, and provide leadership in student services programs, attendance accounting, registration, and other assigned areas.
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Formulate program policy and procedures.
- Implement the Districts mission, goals, and objectives.
- Interact with diverse constituencies.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Meet schedules and time lines.
- Operate computers and business-related software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate personnel and financial resources.
- Plan, organize, direct, administer, review, and evaluate assigned programs and services.
- Promote and maintain high standards for personal and organizational integrity, honesty, and respect for people.
- Research, analyze, develop, and interpret policies and procedures impacting assigned areas of responsibility.
- Serve as the Districts Registrar and assure the proper preparation, maintenance, and retention of permanent student records.
- Supervise and evaluate the performance of assigned personnel.
- Work independently with little direction.
- Work with administrative systems and databases.
Training and Experience:
The minimum qualifications for service as an educational administrator shall be both of the following:
- Masters degree (doctorate preferred) from a regionally accredited institution, AND
- One (1) year (three (3) to five years preferred) of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrators assignment.
- Possession of a lifetime California Community College Chief Administrative Officer Credential, AND
- Two (2) years of recent management experience in an institution of higher education.
- Valid California drivers license.
- California Community College Chief Administrative Officer Credential.
Salary and other benefits depend upon qualifications and experience and are highly competitive. The San Diego Community College District offers a comprehensive fringe benefit package and opportunities for professional development. This position is covered by the State Teachers Retirement System (STRS). This position is FLSA Exempt (does not accrue overtime).
To apply, visit: https://www.sdccdjobs.com
All applicants must have demonstrated cultural competency and sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |