Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Full Time Faculty, Machine Shop/Millwright
Full Time Faculty, Machine Shop/Millwright
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Number: FY2300247
Location: McNair Center - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
This position will teach our students the craft of installing, dismantling, repairing, and moving machinery and heavy equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, or other drawings. Additionally, this instructor will teach machining practices such as setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments, including fabricating and modifying parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines. This instructor will prepare students for employment in construction, manufacturing, maintenance, and heavy industry.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or distance education courses.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach freshmen and sophomore Machine Shop/Millwright courses.
- Maintain workplace safety standards in accordance with industry best practices. Keep labs stocked and clean.
Help to develop and integrate online content for the web-enhanced learning environment.
Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and dual credit classes at various campuses.
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in campus-related committees as needed.
- Recruit for and promote the Machinist/Millwright program.
- Participate in professional development activities, both on-campus and off.
- Interface with industry representatives to facilitate connecting students with
- Openness to evolving needs, such as co-requisite teaching and Puente.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Qualified candidates must have an Associate degree (or higher) in Machining/Millwright and ten years experience in Machining/Millwright in a heavy industrial setting OR the ability to obtain an Associate degree in two years with no class overloads and ten years experience in Machining/Millwright in a heavy industrial setting OR twenty years' experience in Machining/Millwright in a heavy industrial setting
- Must be able to perform precision equipment installations and alignments, tear down, and rebuild various petrochemical equipment
- Able to set up, operate, and maintain manual machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and grinding equipment
- Must be able to safely use oxyfuel-cutting equipment
- Must be able to teach face-to-face, hybrid, and/or online-based classes
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
- Knowledge of operations and programming of computer numerically controlled
(CNC) machining equipment
- Knowledge of NCCER certification processes and exam proctoring
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/4021004/full-time-faculty-machine-shop-millwright
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |