The Santa Clarita Community College District/College of the Canyons is seeking a full-time tenure track instructor in the Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) department. The ideal candidate will share our college’s commitment to educating the more than 32,000 racially and socioeconomically diverse students we enroll each year. Currently, our student body is approximately 45.4 percent Latinx/Hispanic, 32.2 percent White, 6.3 percent Asian, 5.5 percent African-American, 4.5 percent Pacific Islander, 2 percent multi-ethnic, and less than 1 percent Native American. The college was designated a Hispanic Serving Institution in 2015, reflecting our focus on enhancing the educational attainment and economic well-being of the community we proudly serve. As one of 20 community colleges in the state selected for the California Guided Pathways Project, we are focused on enhancing equity and implementing policies and practices that help all students achieve successful academic outcomes.
Kinesiology/Physical Education Instructor
Full-Time Tenure Track
Position # ACA18-309
Review Date: May 6, 2019
This is a 10-MONTH professional, full-time tenure track position beginning Fall 2019. The position may include a combination of teaching, department, college, and community leadership functions. Assignment may include day, evening, and weekend duties at all District sites.
Duties of the Position:
Teaches a full load of courses in Kinesiology/ Physical Education/Health/Recreation that could include non-credit courses. Intercollegiate athletics courses will not be included in this assignment.
- Prepare course materials and use appropriate instructional methodologies, which may include, but not limited to, delivering lectures and conducting laboratory demonstrations.
- Participate in the formulation of Student Learning Outcomes (SLO’s) and the Student Learning Outcomes assessment cycle.
- Contribute to the development and revision of curriculum, course content and instructional materials.
- Maintains office hours and participates in department, division, and college committees and governance.
- Participates in and implements department procedures and policies including division meetings and college program reviews.
- Participates in additional faculty responsibilities, including college decision-making activities related to professional and academic matters. The activities will occur both within the department as well as in the larger College setting.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Possession of an unexpired California Community College Instructor Credential in Physical Education
- Master’s degree in Physical Education, Exercise Science, Education with an emphasis in Physical Education, Kinesiology,
Physiology of Exercise, or Adaptive Physical Education
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the above AND master’s degree in any life science, Dance, Physiology, Health Education, Recreation Administration, or Physical Therapy
- Equivalency: Any Master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education AND completion of 24 semester units in the discipline at the upper division and graduate level, a minimum of which must be 12 graduate level semester units.
Please copy and paste below link to browser for further details and complete job announcement:
Application Process: Application materials must be submitted by the end of the day in the Human Resources Offices on May 6, 2019. Applicants are encouraged to complete their application online. Please visit our website at http://www.canyons.edu/Offices/HumanResources.
If you require assistance, please call the Human Resources Office at (661)362-3427 or our TTY Line at (661)362-5178. Applicants may check the status of their application online and may expect to be notified within approximately 4 weeks following the review date as to the status of their application.
The Santa Clarita Community College District does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, ethnic or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected basis under the law.
Applicants who have disabilities who need accommodation in order to complete the selection process should contact the Human Resources office directly at (661) 362-3427.