Part-Time Coaching Instructor (Pool)
West Valley-Mission Community College District
PART-TIME, ASSOCIATE FACULTY POOL
Applications for Part-Time, Associate Faculty pools are continually accepted (unless otherwise specified) by the District and will be added to the application pool for review by hiring authorities on an as-needed basis. Should you be invited for an interview, you will be contacted by a District representative.
This position is a part-time position as an Associate Instructor. This pool is open to numerous sports. The teaching assignment may require teaching lecture-discussion courses during day, evening or on Saturday and/or in an on-line/distance education format. The assignments are as needed, during Spring, Summer, and/or Fall semesters. This position is represented by the West Valley-Mission Federation of Teachers (WVMFT / AFT Local 6554).
Work location: Mission College, Santa Clara, CA
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is based on a percentage of workload, up to a maximum of 67% of a full-time load. Salary is prorated based on an initial hiring salary range of $26,467-$37,149 per semester; and is based on academic achievement, teaching and related experience.
1. Education Any bachelors degree and two years of related professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of related professional experience.
2. Demonstrated ability to effectively teach, counsel or work with persons of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
Instructional duties and assignments may consist of one or more of the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide instruction for assigned courses. This includes preparation for in-class or on-line/distance education activities, evaluation of students work, consultation with students outside of class and/or on-line, maintenance of currency in the subjects taught.
- Maintain accurate class and other records required by the college.
- Submit, when due, attendance rosters and grade reports.
- Follow course outlines as filed in the instruction offices.
- Maintain office hours each week, at .5 hours per week per section.
- Observe, support and enforce the regulations, policies and programs of the District and college.
- Provide each student with a written course syllabus at the beginning of the course, as per instructions in the Faculty Handbook.
- Refer students to appropriate college sources for information on counseling and other student services.
- Assist students by providing advice on requirements for successful achievement in the members area of expertise.
- Work cooperatively within the college community.
- Foster an environment that protects academic freedom within the college community.
- Foster a positive working environment that is free from harassment, prejudice and/or bias.
- Demonstrate a respect for the dignity of each individual.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 7412174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.