Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
- Reflects the diversity of our community
- Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
- Is attracted by the college mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
- Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
- Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
- Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
*Commitment to Equity and Inclusion*_
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and under represented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
As an open access and low-cost institution, ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to the diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds of our students. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC’s faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Specialist, Faculty & Instructional Support
Job Description Summary:
To provide support services related to instructional technology applications for Austin Community College (ACC) faculty and staff; provides training assistance in in use of media as needed, and maintains equipment inventory for technology used by faculty and staff in support of instruction at the College.
Description of Duties and Tasks
1) Creates and maintains training videos and documentation for instructional technologies supported within the College.
2) Provides end-user training, consultations, and technical support on the use of various instructional technologies, including lecture capture, web conferencing, learning management system, etc.
3) Provides consultation with faculty to recommend applicable media, multimedia equipment use, design, and production techniques for instruction, materials, and presentation.
4) Conducts train-the-trainer workshops for internal teams on the use of instructional technologies within the College.
5) Creates media and multimedia, in partnership with subject matter experts, for use in various instructional formats.
6) Facilitates one-on-one instruction and group workshops, either on request or as part of campus-wide special events.
7) Maintenance and tracking of instructional technologies for short-term loan to faculty & staff.
8) Supports the use of in-classroom audio-visual technologies through end-user training, documentation creation, and technical support.
9) Performs routine maintenance of in-classroom audio-visual technologies and makes recommendations on repairs and/or replacements.
10) Provides assistance to partnering production teams in the support of faculty/guest presentations and special events.
11) Assists and/or leads media production projects, in coordination with the Instructional Media Production team, including video and audio projects for faculty and staff as well as digital data conversions.
12) Researches trends in instructional technology and provides recommendations on instructional technology for use & support within the College.
13) May provide training to and oversee work of hourly staff.
- Media equipment and instructional technology, operating techniques, and quality industry standards.
- Computer and multimedia software application packages (for Windows and IOS) and instructional development techniques (such as Adobe Creative Suite, Camtasia, and lecture capture, desktop web conferencing tools).
- Current principles and practices of multimedia presentations.
- Cultural and equity competency.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with working in an academic environment.
- Maintaining an established work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills, including tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively using organizational and planning skills.
- Maintaining confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Inventory and property management.
- Operating and maintaining a variety of media equipment safely and competently.
- Using basic tools, equipment, and procedures for repairing media equipment and peripheral devices.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects, and demands.
- Applying problem-solving techniques.
- Use a variety of spreadsheet, word processing, database, and presentation software.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems.
Required Work Experience
- Two years related work experience.
Preferred Work Experience
- Work experience in a higher educational institution.
- Degree in Education, Communication, Information Technology, or related field.
- Valid Texas Driver’s License and reliable transportation for local Austin area travel.
- Work is performed in a variety of settings.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, pushing, and pulling, and at times subject to stooping, crawling, and climbing.
- May need to lift heavy objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities may include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to focus.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
$41,304 – $59,006
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date
*ACC Benefits Overview*_
Full-time faculty and staffing table employees who work in full-time and/or part-time positions at the college are eligible for ACC medical benefits effective the first of the month after their first 60 days of employment. Benefits include medical, dental, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, retirement plans and AD&D.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
The Austin Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation or other protected categories.
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under the Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.