Full Time Faculty, Radiologic Technology
See Position Description
Bullhead City, AZ
5/3/2021 3:00 PM Arizona
Positions will start in August 2021
Mohave Community College is seeking dynamic, student-focused, collaborative, instructors for the Radiologic Technology program. These are 12-month positions, and there are 2 positions available:
1 - Faculty, RAD Tech/Clinical Coordinator (w/added stipend)
1 - Faculty, RAD Tech
See more about this position here
What you'll love about us:
What we'll love about you:
- We create the future by cultivating relentless curiosity in our students and each other to unlock new opportunities and break barriers. We take risks, adapt to oncoming challenges and opportunities, and engineer new ideas as we learn together from our mistakes and successes.
- We engage fearlessly, bringing passion and energy to our work by dreaming big, being bold, having fun, and fostering a caring environment. Celebrating each other and our results with enthusiasm makes our work meaningful and exciting.
- We build together. Our individual differences and backgrounds strengthen our teams, where we seek input and ensure every voice is heard. We amplify our impact when we empower each other to take ownership and work together toward common vision.
- We live authentically, being our best when we share information openly, create clarity, invite stakeholders to participate in decision-making, and communicate with utmost respect.
- We care! We care about our students, our communities and each other, finding ways to actively engage and invest in the success of those we serve.
- Your record of excellence in leadership, working with students in the spirit of partnership, transparency and care, to inspire action.
- Your commitment to developing student growth through consistent, timely formative and summative measures and promoting students' abilities to self-assess.
- Your ability to foster cohesive teams working collaboratively with others to achieve success.
- Your unwavering commitment to the academic, emotional and social development of each and every student.
- Your effective communication providing regular, consistent, and meaningful information; listening carefully to others and ensuring your messages are understood.
- Your creativity & ability to think beyond traditional ideas, rules, and patterns to generate meaningful and innovative solutions.
CONTRIBUTES TO THE COLLEGE'S EFFECTIVENESS BY
identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing pertinent information and commentary; providing leadership within the area hired including mentorship of associate faculty; recommending courses of action; implementing directives and advising students as assigned.
ESTABLISHES AND ADJUSTS COURSE OUTLINES, PACKAGES, GOALS AND OBJECTIVES AND ASSESSMENTS BY
following curriculum guidelines and representing the college at Articulation Task Force meetings with active participation.
CONVEYS INFORMATION TO STUDENTS
via on-ground and online course models, using multimedia presentations, verbal concepts, examples, demonstrations and other teaching aids demonstrating competence with audiovisual equipment and computers.
FACILITATES EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES BY
scheduling and assigning instructional activities; following up on results; providing a safe learning environment; and assessing learning.
ASSESSES STUDENT LEARNING BY
preparing, assigning, administering and scoring assessments; reviewing and correcting assignments; eliciting student questions and responses; evaluating application of learning to classroom project results; and participating in the assessment of student learning studies within the college through which the faculty gathers data about how well a course, program and/or the institution has done at achieving student learning outcomes.
FACILITATES STUDENT LEARNING BY
providing instructional feedback; planning, monitoring and appraising learning results; coaching and advising students; and maintaining posted office hours and working evenings and weekends as required to meet student and/or college needs. Instruction may occur in multiple modalities: on ground, hybrid and online.
MAINTAINS RECORDS BY
documenting learning accomplishments within the learning management system and administrative software and fulfilling reporting obligations, including participation assignment grades, student count rosters, and final grade submissions.
SUPPORTS COMMITTEE STRUCTURE BY
chairing and/or actively participating on assigned subcommittees, complying with reporting deadlines, implementing approved strategies, scripting and posting proceedings and/or ensuring proceedings are completed and posted in a timely manner.
MAINTAINS PROFESSIONAL AND TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE BY
attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
CONTRIBUTES TO TEAM EFFORT BY
accomplishing related results as needed.
Education as required per the adopted Mohave Community College qualification requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree and two (2) years clinical experience in the professional discipline.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as an instructor in a JRCERT-accredited program.
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists registration in radiography.
- Arizona state certification with the Medical Radiography Board of Examiners or the ability to obtain.
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the following documents on file in the Human Resources Office by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position. Important Note:
If any of the below listed materials are missing or incomplete, the application will not be considered.
1. A complete online employment application form.
* Please do not state "See Resume" on any part of the application. Blank spaces may be cause for rejection of the application. The college will not return application materials submitted.
2. Cover letter addressing the criteria listed in the job announcement and your qualifications for this position.
3. Resume or curriculum vitae.
4. Transcripts of all college work. (Unofficial transcripts or photocopies will be accepted to establish the application file. Official transcripts will be required if the candidate is offered the position.)
Any degree from a country other than the U.S., including Great Britain and Canada, must be evaluated by a professional evaluation service.
Items 2-4 may either be attached electronically to the application or mailed to the address below:
Mohave Community College
1971 Jagerson Avenue
Kingman, AZ 86409
Salary placement is made according to an approved and published salary schedule.
12-month Faculty pay is calculated at 1.28 times the 9-month rate.
Mohave Community College offers a range of benefits to employees who are on an Employment Agreement or a Notice of Term Appointment.
Employees are defined as:
: an employee or faculty member who works at least 30 hours a week and has a signed Employment Agreement or Notice of Term Appointment.
Part-time ASRS Employee
: an employee or faculty member who works, on average, between 20 and 25 hours per week and has a signed Employment Agreement or Notice of Term Appointment.
Part-time Limited Benefits Employee
: an employee or faculty member who works, on average, less than 20 hours per week and has a signed Employment Agreement or Notice of Term Appointment.
A schedule of the benefits provided can be viewed on our website
Located about 100 miles southeast of Las Vegas, Nevada, Mohave Community College is a comprehensive community college serving Mohave County in the northwest portion of the State of Arizona and its neighboring communities in California, Nevada and Utah. With over 13,000 students each year on campuses in Kingman, Lake Havasu City, Bullhead City and Colorado City, and an extensive online education program, MCC's mission is to serve our communities, empowering students to succeed through innovative pathways and quality education.
To apply, visit: https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/mohavecc/jobs/3050919/full-time-faculty-radiologic-technology