Search for University Jobs in Community Colleges
Clinical Lab & Simulation Center Coordinator, Nursing
Clinical Lab & Simulation Center Coordinator, Nursing
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Placement on scale is commensurate with education and experience.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Please note - This is a contract position.
The Clinical Lab & Simulation Center Coordinator promotes and facilitates the development, and implementation of teaching-learning activities used in the course of nursing and allied health education and provides technical and administrative skills to support the operation of the Lee College Clinical Lab and Simulation Center.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Establish policies and procedures for the Clinical Lab and Simulation Center.
- Collaborate with Clinical Lab and Simulation Center users to develop and implement high quality learning and assessment experiences.
- Collaborate with faculty to promote student learning, critical thinking, and clinical reasoning.
- Coordinate with faculty to ensure student needs are met.
- Coordinate Lab and Simulation Center schedule to maximize student learning.
- Program simulators to model patient physiological responses during simulation exercises.
- Support and assist in role-playing applications, prop placement, and moulage set-up for lab and simulation experiences.
- Operate simulators and audio/visual equipment for Clinical Simulation Center users.
- Provide recommendations for budget and purchase of equipment, supplies, and materials related to the Clinical and Lab Simulation Center.
- Coordinate maintenance of patient simulators, part-task trainers, and Clinical Simulation Center audio-visual equipment and other lab equipment.
- Coordinate preparation of human patient simulators, part-task trainers, programmed patients, simulation rooms, and other equipment/props for faculty conducting lab and simulation experiments.
- Coordinate purchase of supplies needed to operate the Clinical Lab and Simulation Center.
- Provide training to Clinical Lab and Simulation Center users in the operation of patient simulators, part-task trainers, equipment, and Clinical Simulation Center audio-visual equipment.
- Supervise and evaluate Clinical Lab and Simulation Center staff.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a liaison with vendors of health-related products, including coordination of educational in-service on lab and/or simulation products and equipment.
- Pursue and collaborate with partners for external funding for development and activities of lab and clinical simulation.
- Conduct tours and simulations sessions for internal/external groups and/or individuals of the lab and simulation.
- Create and deliver professional lab procedures.
- Participate in program assessment and accreditation activities as directed by faculty.
- Participate on committees both in the division and on the College campus.
- Provide student mentoring and remediation as developed by faculty.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.
- Associates (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Must hold a current license or privilege to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
- Two (2) years of experience in patient care
- Must be computer proficient
- Must be able to function as a team member and have a commitment to students, the College, and the community
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work evening and weekends as needed
- Bachelors (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Masters (or higher) degree in Nursing
- Prior nursing experience at the college level
- Knowledge and experience with applications and software pertaining to simulation
- Simulation-based learning experience in an experimental setting
- Knowledge and experience using Blackboard
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6154
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, which encourages applications from qualified females, minority groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion, demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms of compensation or benefits.
Please reference AcademicKeys.com in your cover letter when
applying for or inquiring about this job announcement.
Please see the job description for contact details
pertaining to this university job announcement.
Refer this job to a friend or colleague!
New Search |