Part-Time Instructor/Trainer, Industrial Workforce & Community Education
Job Type: Part-Time
Job Number: FY2300130
Location: McNair Center - Baytown, TX
Division: Provost/Academic & Student Affairs
This position is responsible for conducting short-term, customized training for the college's corporate clients and/ or to provide instruction for fast-track open enrollment classes that are designed to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to obtain industry employment and related industry recognized credentials.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Aid in development or revisions of course syllabus and lesson plans for each course by following established institutional guidelines.
- Conduct course instruction according to course syllabus.
- Aid in development or identifying relevant instructional supplies.
- Maintain a safe classroom, positive learning environment, and diverse learning opportunities for all students.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students as needed.
- Follow 3rd party credentialing guidelines, as appropriate, for materials, testing, or reports as relates to instruction and credentialing for students.
- Obtain relevant 3rd party certification/approval as required to deliver content related to subject matter area. (i.e., NCCER; OSHA, NHA, etc)
- Supervise all students.
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with Lee College policies.
- Submit required reports to the Program Manager according to schedule.
- Maintain appropriate chain of custody and confidentiality when using proprietary curricula.
Instructors are hired on an a part-time and as-needed capacity to conduct open enrollment and contract training in one or more of the following areas:
- NCCER Crafts
- OSHA related certifications
- MSSC certifications
- Process Operations
- Process Maintenance
- Dental Assistant
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Certified Nurse Aide
- EKG Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician (Basic & Advanced)
Additional Duties & Responsibilities
Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
At least three (3) years of related work experience in subject matter, as well as one of the following:
- Documented related work experience in area of study,
- Certification(s) in the area of study, or
- Associate degree or higher in the area of study.
Supervisory experience in the subject area
Certifications from any of the following:
- AHA BLS/CPR
- RN or LVN in State of Texas
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/lee/jobs/3721519/part-time-instructor-trainer-industrial-workforce-community-education